Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sorry honey, we can't go to bed yet because Colton's still awake....

The boys have been extra ornery lately at night time.  Colton refuses to fall asleep and as a result it will be 10:30 before he finally gives in.  And Maximus only wants ME to lay with him - which really wouldn't be a problem...but in about 7 weeks I don't know how much I'll be able to do that. That and their mattress is on the floor and its harder and harder for me to get up haha..... And of course as soon as Maximus falls asleep, Colton wakes him up and bothers him mercilessly.... And so Nic and I end up spending our evenings yelling at (or spanking) Colton to stop hitting, scratching or poking Maximus and for the boys to get back in their bed.  They'll come out of their room about every 10 minutes to tattle on each other..... this will go on for hours.  It's really wearing us out!! (and no amount of laying with them in bed helps either)

So, needless to say, we are getting very anxious for our new furniture to get here....it's been 2 months now so we're hoping any day now to get a phone call from Yellowbox to set up a delivery time.  We think once they're in separate beds, they'll do 100% better.  But who knows, they'll probably cry because they're not in the same bed!  It's probably a no-win situation for us and in the end we may just have to lock them in their room and let them scream and pound on the door until they fall asleep because we're running out of options!!

I did take ALL of their toys out of their room, so now they don't really play in there - I'm hoping that will help associate their room for ONLY sleep and not play.... but its not so much an issue for Maximus as it is for Colton - Maximus let us know last night that Colton was in the playroom playing instead of in bed - little stinker....Nic and I keep talking about seeing how late that kid will stay up if we let him.  Maximus will pass out, whereas Colton never stops. 

Maximus hates to be alone.  He's started wanting someone to go with him to the bathroom - and usually Colton will go with him.  And he gets really upset when Colton won't play with him - he hates playing alone.  He's gone from being the "perfect only child" to crying when Colton isn't glued to his side.  Good or bad?  I guess it'll be good when the new baby comes....  I think in this way Maximus is like Nic - what do you think Mom Timm?

We can't believe summer is almost over with.  Nic has an on-island excersise next week and then I believe the following week we have an orientation for Maximus' preschool - he'll be going twice a week for 2.5 hours beginning Sept 7th I think.  And then my Mom and sister Susan and her two kids, Elena and Kyle, will be coming out for 3 weeks!! WOOHOO!! We're super excited about that!  They're going to be here for my labor - thank goodness!  I didn't know if I could do a natural delivery without them (Mom and Susan - not the kids).  I've heard horror stories about the Doctors here - I won't even have an OB deliver, which I think is just crazy....so I'm glad I've got them in my corner (Especially since when I had Colton, the resident wouldn't let me push because my doctor was busy parking his car, but they said, no way - she's pushing ... and 20 seconds later - hello Colton! *note to nurses and residents* when we see you whispering to each other before you tell us anything, we know there's something you're not telling us)

Anyway, I don't know where the summer has gone - but luckily we get to keep our summer weather for almost forever lol... Hope everyone enjoys their last bit of summer break!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!