Well, we're about to experience our first typhoon. Of course this falls on Nic's 4 day weekend and happens during the week Nic takes on Tyhpoon duty as a favor to someone who took leave. Of course. So today is supposed to be day 3 of our 4 days off and he has to go in and most likely will be gone tommorrow as well. It just stinks since the last day off he was given was taken away at the last minute and the last one before that he had duty....so it seems like we've been having "bad luck" when it comes to 96-ers. But what can you do. At least we had Saturday and Sunday.
The typhoon is expected to hit sometime tonight or tomorrow morning - our Monday night and Tuesday morning - your Monday morning and Monday evening/night. There used to be a policy stating if you are at least 34 weeks pregnant you have to go to the hospital to hang out during the typhoon - apparently typhoons create a pressure cooker and has a tendancy to induce labor. But they changed it to 39 weeks - I'm guessing its because of the plethera of pregnant spouses here - its an incredible amount. So they probably just didn't have the space so changed it to 39 instead of 34. Which is good for me, because at 37 weeks I'd have to go. Boring. And with Nic on duty I don't know what I would do with the kids - I'd probably be a nervous wreck!!
I've been experiencing lots of contractions here and there -mostly at night. And I'm pretty sure the baby has dropped. Now we play the waiting game and hope this baby doesn't get ginormous like Maximus or Colton :-) I'd like to have an average sized 7 lb baby for once!
Uh oh... Colton just brought me the cap to a permanent maker.....
No comments:
Post a Comment