Sunday I found a small gecko crawling on our floor in our bedroom. Of course it creeped me out and I yelled for Nic to come quick - he almost didn't believe me when I said, "There's a gecko under Colton's blanket."
We tried to catch it but it eluded us by crawling under our bed and then was nowhere to be found. *shudders* Getting up to use the bathroom 4 times a night was a little creepy - I kept imagining stepping on him or having him crawl across my feet in the dark. Worse yet, I feared he was somewhere in our box spring and I would wake up in the middle of the night because something walked across my face....
We had a friend over for dinner Sunday, Vin, and his and Nic's efforts were fruitless and they convinced me he would probably die soon anyway. That of course did not make me feel any better - the last thing I want is a dead gecko in my bedroom somewhere....
But anyway, last night I went to a sushi resturaunt with my friend Lyndsey - I was hoping to be able to order some cooked sushi, but looking at the menu we had no clue if anything was cooked, so I opted for tempura, white rice, some interesting looking soup (I ended up passing on) and chicken teriaki. It was delicious!! And of course we had some good gal-chatting till late at night....so Nic was in charge of the kids for the evening...
When I came home Nic had this story to tell me....
Nic gave the kids their bath, got their jammies on, read them books, said prayers and then noticed that Colton didn't have his blankie - so he sent Maximus on a mission to get it from the living room. Off Maximus scurries and finds it....but before he comes back Nic hears, LIZARD DADDY!! LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD!!!!" *thump* WHACK*WHACK*WHACK-WHACK* I GOT IT DADDY!! GOT THE LIZARD!! Nic said he was thinking, "What in the world....?" as he walked to the dining room....and sure enough there's Maximus standing over a dead gecko with a plastic beach shovel in his hand. He literally had bludgeoned the little guy to death.
Nic put it in a little ziploc bag for me to identify it and hopefully make sure it's the same one I saw - of course now I'm paranoid that it's not the same one...and we have eggs hatching somewhere in our house!!
Maximus reenacted the whole senario for me this morning - which was quite comical, especially when he showed me what the lizard looked like when he was dead. "I made the lizard dead mommy! Lizards don't belong in our house!"
*I should note that he's been terrified of the lizard escaping from under my bed and coming into the living room so all week he's been making sure to close doors - although this gecko was so small he could have easily fit underneath cracks under doors. AND we never encouraged him to kill it! I would have rather caught it and set it free :-) I am actually pretty shocked that he thought to and was quick enough to pick up the shovel and kill it!*
No comments:
Post a Comment