I tried to add a video of my stinker-boys sword fighting, but for some reason, after 5 hours it failed twice. So instead I uploaded it onto FB and hopefully most of you can view it there... but in the meantime I will continue to try to get it to work here.... For some reason it loads video from our digital camera just fine, but our camcorder - not so much!
I got my order of diaper supplies! It only took a week - which I think is pretty impressive considering I didn't have to pay shipping (yea cotton babies!) - and I'm pretty sure they didn't charge any tax either! I like the stay dry insert better for Colton - but I'll use the organic cotton for night-time, along with a hemp booster to make sure he doesn't leak. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about trying this with a newborn - it's going to be a lot of trial and error - but I'm determined to stick to it....Experiment and see what works for us. And I'm prepared to do a lot of laundry.
One thing I'm nervous about it doing this in the hospital with the baby....I don't really want to buy disposables for the hospital - I've been told they don't supply ANYTHING, diapers included - but I'll have to check with another source to make sure. The last thing I want is to run out of cloth supplies, or run out of space in my bag for dirty ones.... *sigh* We'll see.....
Colton has been telling me when he needs to sit on the potty!! Great improvement!! Of course, he only tells me AFTER he pees or poops, but I'll take it. And he's actually sitting on the potty and doesn't cry to get off! A small victory for me - woohoo!! :-) I haven't actually gotten "serious." I keep putting it off....but one of these weeks I'm going to set the timer and ever 20 minutes stick him on the potty. And have him wear underwear. I think he's ready, he's just so stubborn and anti- anything! Which is why I've been putting it off. That and I don't want to be bending over cleaning up his accidents all day for several days!
Let's talk about how much of a crab he is when he wakes up. Good grief, this kid screams and crys and anything you tell him, he'll say NO to. Do you want a snack? No want snack!! Do you want Mommy to hold you? No want hold me!!! Can Mommy change your diaper? No want diaper change!! And in the end I have to leave him alone until he starts to be reasonable. He's one of those kids, where when you ask him if he wants something, and he's in one of those moods, and he says no....5 seconds later he screams YES. We're working on speaking nicely....but, yeah...it's a work in progress....
Maximus asked me the other day how the baby got inside my tummy. I told him the baby didn't start out big, but teeny-tiny...and somehow that satisfied his question - *phew!*
We got our furniture!!! And I am in *love* with it! The bunk bed is awesome - although they didn't have our matress for us, but we told them to deliver what they had anyway. So the top doesn't have a matress yet - which really bummed out Maximus - apparently he hates sleeping with Colton because: "he hits me." And of course Nic and I absolutely believe it - Colton can be such a bully and so rough (he'll lay there with you going "poke. poke. poke." while poking you in the face. No wonder Maximus hates sleeping with him! Anyway, they said we should get our mattress in 2 weeks...so Maximus will just have to tough it out until then!
My new table.... I don't ever plan on buying a new table again! It's even better than the pictures depicted and was definitly worth waiting 5 years to purchase :-)
I'll try to get pictures of our finished home put up this weekend...although I'm still working on sanding and staining two end tables we found in the free PCS section of our tower (It was Nic's idea, but somehow he hasn't done ANY of the work - even though I'm almost 8 months pregnant and shouldn't be doing it - feel free to guilt him into doing it for me!!) Which reminds me, I've started getting contractions - braxton hicks obviously, but some of them can be painful which is no fun!
2 comments:
Can't wait to see your new furniture! The hospital gave us all the diapers we needed, and they had dry wipes, a few shirts, blankets and a hat.
oh phew!! I've heard so many different things from different people and was going to double check with you!
Post a Comment