Monday, August 23, 2010

playground

The boys and I went to the playground today for the first time in .... I don't know how long.  I wasn't actually too uncomfortable, but the cement, oversized picnic table/benches weren't exactly my ideal place to rest for 2.5 hours.  But the kids had a great time running around and getting dirty.  And to top it off, there were some other kids there too and that's always a plus.  Especially since it seems they don't get much play time with other kids their own age.  I had a magazine and we each had our own gatorade so it was pleasant enough! 

Although I am sad that we can no longer see the ocean because of all the construction going on outside of the fence (I believe Okinawa is building a new convention center.  The ocean used to come right up to the fence but now there's about a football field of dirt and a cement wall - just tall enough so we can't see the water from where I sit and the kids play.  Not to mention the dump trucks and the diggers constantly moving about.)  We can see the ocean from the parking lot, but not at the playground.  But we still get the nice ocean breeze - I don't think I could last without that, and the pavilion of course.

I see my doctor this Thursday for my 36 week appointment and hopefully she'll tell me what I'm pretty sure I already know - that the baby is head down.  Baby gets the hiccups alllll the time...usually when I'm trying to sleep and of course I liken it to the constant dripping of a leaky faucet - I just can't get to sleep unless they go away...and Nic seems to have no sympathy for me!!  Ah well, we've been staying up lately watching Hulu (yes its actually been working for us!  So we have to take advantage and watch several episodes of whatever show we're into - right now, Greek)

Anyway, I kind of got sidetracked there, I am starting to get excited to have this baby and find out whether I'll be buying pink or blue.  Of course the actual labor part is utterly terrifying...but if Maximus' was 7.5 hours and Colton's was 4.5 hours then maybe that means this one will only be 1-2 hours.... :)  A gal can dream, right?  But as long as I have this baby when Susan and Mom are here, we'll get through it well enough. (No offense Nic, you're just a little too casual in the delivery room ;) but I do need you there too)

Maximus told me today at the playground after he bit his tongue, "Mommy!  My teeth just though my tongue was food!"

The girl at the playground had the same name as our girl name - what are the odds? I've never met someone with it before....

I can hear the boys fighting in their room right now, and Maximus is crying, "You broke my skin!  You broke my skin!!"  Maximus is now here with me in our room and Colton just walked in saying all pathetically, "Don't leave Maximus!  Don't leave.  Come play.  Maximus!"  Maximus said no, so Colton jumped on top of him.....and the drama continues.....

The other day the boys were on the balcony talking to some kids a few floors up on their balcony and Maximus says, "I have a brother named Colton and he hits and scratches me."  Oh Colton, why do you have to be our naughty child!

Nic will be home in an hour so I better go pretend that I cleaned today :-)

1 comment:

Marsha Keller said...

Love reading your stories!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!