Nic had today off of work so we took advantage of the beautiful day and went to Araha Beach. The tide was HIGH which was awesome!! We went all prepared - I even had sun screen put on the kids BEFORE we left (we usually use the spray kind which I'll spray when we get there, but we're out so I had to use the lotion kind). Shortly after we got out of the car though, Colton started rubbing his right eye and crying. "Eye hurt Mommy!! Eye hurt!!" He had somehow managed to get the sunscreen in his eye....
He cried and screamed for about 30 minutes straight. I even went to a faucet and tried my best to wash his eye - he screamed "bloody murder" and wriggled and squirmed to the point I was certain we were both going to fall over. (He wouldn't let Nic come near him - only me) And naturally there was a nice crowd of nationals near us and they were all staring. Awkward.
He let me go in the water with him and it took a while for him to pry himself off of me. But since the water was so high I didn't mind - I could go in up to my chest easily and hold him without feeling like I was holding a 2 year old :) He eventually went to go build a sand castle by our towels and I took our float and just RELAXED in the water. Just floated with my arms on the turtle float and closed my eyes and pretended I didn't have all this excess weight pulling my body completely off balance :) It was great! It's nice to be able to tag team with Nic!
I measured my waist last night and I'm 37 inches...I'll have to look at the boys baby books to see what I measured with them, because I have no clue. 5 weeks left!!
No comments:
Post a Comment