Well I got my first chance to wear my new rain boots tonight..... because Maximus overflowed the toilet. Second time this week he's clogged it and this time we got a good 1/2 inch all over the floor. It took 5 towels to soak it all up and that's not including the two rugs that were completely drenched. Oh and the smell was awful! A few favorite board books bit the dust as well....
Nic had to go to the store to get a plunger while I just laid in my bed wondering where I went wrong. I feel like the boys have been sooooo naughty lately. And not in a mean, devious way - but a mischeivious lets-see-what-this-does way. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm sure they're super bored stuck at home inside all day - its just too hot and I don't have the energy to walk to any of the playgrounds on base. And besides I'm kept busy enough trying to pick up after them.
For example, Colton can't just eat his oatmeal. No, he has to scoop it out of the bowl with his hands and "finger paint" it all over my new table and while I'm disciplining him for that and trying to wipe him and it all up, Maximus is getting the OJ out of the fridge and spilling it all over the place trying to pour a glass. As I'm telling him to stop, get a rag to wipe it up and that Mommy will help him in a moment, Colton proceeds to smear oatmeal all over his face and hair. And while I'm using the 5th rag of the meal to clean up the kids I think to myself, Whats the next 5 minutes going to bring????
I've stopped organizing their toys because they're idea of playing is dumping everything out and pretending to be the garbage man (how do they even know what that is?? We've always used dumpsters...) They still make a ginormous mess everyday but at least now it's easier for me to clean - although getting on my hands and knees is now painful so picking up their room isn't an everyday occurance anymore.
For some reason they always bring ALL the pillows and blankets from everywhere in the house and make a big pile of "soft things" (as they call it) in their room and then proceed to dump all their toys on it (whatever logic that is) so by the evening there's no pillows on my couches and I need to hunt them down.
And bedtime...last night I got fed up with Maximus' mouthy mouth so I didn't tell him any stories or sing any songs or lay with him for longer than 3 minutes. He screamed and screamed for 15? minutes before he finally gave in to sleep. I no longer have sympathy for my children - they shouldn't be taking HOURS to get to sleep at night.
I love my boys - they're sweet kids - but sometimes I just want to get away!! And more and more I feel like - this is it - no more kids after this one!
More "good" news. Tomorrow Nic was supposed to have the day off for a Unit Beach Day - but he came home to inform me he has to work anyway because of a new last minute exercise. So no family beach day tomorrow with other people. *sigh* Can you tell I'm beginning to welcome any chance to get out of the house with the kids? It's just too exhausting by myself though. Oh well. At least we have Saturday - he has to work on Sunday (exercise)
Ok, that's enough complaining for now. :) Besides, I have to change the laundry around (toilet water towels and rugs).
2 comments:
Today was a lot of fun- thanks for letting ME get out of MY house! And Parker only cried for a little while! Woohoo! Lunch was great- I got your email and no worries about the doors! It was only paper and glue. You do have your hands full with your little "rascals" as you called them, but they're really sweet and loving kids. I think that was so cute that Maximus put the teether in the fridge and then gave it to Parker! I know- darn about the berries. Oh well. If you want to get away, you can always crash at my house, even if we don't have a planned craft day (besides, most of them turn out to be just us anyways!) And it stinks that the guys won't get tomorrow off. Grr. I don't know if CJ had any part of this weekend free, but I hope so, even if just for a few hours! Well it's HIGH TIME I do my dishes and laundry for the week... I went into the kitchen and was like, wow, slob, pick up! Haha. I must fire my cleaning fairy. She never shows up for work. :) Hang in there, and try to soak up any down time you get- not too much longer for Baby #3!! Let me know if you need a hand (or back!) with anything!
I meant to say "play day" instead of craft day- that's tomorrow, so it's on the brain. :)
Post a Comment