We had our first Bar B Q today...and it rained. Hehe, we ended up broiling the burgers in the oven and Nic "fired up" the George Forman (in turn I informed Nic, there was no "firing up" involved...merely plugging the cord in). 3 of Nic's buddies came over - Ricky (Wegner), Cameron (Taylor) and John (No idea how to even spell his last name). Maximus performed wonderfully - coming outof the bathroom buck naked about 3 times, running around rather proudly. Colton was a doll, walking from guy to guy, grinning.
Speaking of Colton he's been walking a LOT. He's still unsteady but he goes about 10 feet before toppling over. He's been somewhat of a booger lately. He hasn't been taking his naps very well. In the mornings he's been refusing to take his morning nap, even though I can tell he's very tired. Today he also refused to take his afternoon nap - just laid in his crib talking for over an hour. Usually though, when he doesn't take his morning nap, he'll just take a longer afternoon nap - which is VERY nice.
I'm sure most of you don't care to know this tidbit but Colton is weaned! He kinda did it himself - he hasn't been nursing longer than a minute total for a while and last week it was seconds so I finally said...FINE. NO MORE. He must have been "technically" weaned for a while because I have yet to experience any of the adverse effects associated with weaning your child. And I'm not complaining!
We bought Maximus a fish tank yesterday. Nic told him when we moved to our new house in VA that he would get some fish and so we bought a ten gallon tank. We haven't gotten the fish yet but Maximus was sooo excited to set it all up. He went to the kitchen, got a tiny cup down (seriously he must have grabbed the smallest one in the cubbard), went to the bathroom, filled it up with water and brought it to the dining room table to pour it in the tank that Nic had JUST gotten out of the box. I ended up giving him my watering can, filling it up 1/3 full for him and let him make a thousand trips of pouring water in the tank. I had never seen him SO excited to help with a project. Really. That kid still hasn't stopped grinning about his fish that he doesn't even have yet.
I met a couple neighbors, both are marine wives. One of them told me to my face that she hates military wives because they're all @#$%@#, so needless to say I haven't spoken to her since. The other neigbor, Karoline, has a boy - Micah who is one month older than Colton. We have very similar parenting style (although I am MUCH more relaxed and tend to let my kids find out the hard way the consequences of a lot of their actions) so that's really nice. She came over the other day and we had a good time. The weather has been pretty icky since then so I haven't seen her outside (that's usually when we chat). The only downfall is her husband is enlisted so our hubbies can't be friends. But oh well, I can still be friends with her :-)
Nic has found out a couple other guys from his company live in our complex. One of them has children, but his wife and kids haven't moved out here yet. His 2 yr old daughter will be coming out here sometime soon and he mentioned that he needed to find a babysitter so it sounds like his wife and 4 yr old daughter won't be coming out here for a while, if at all? I don't really know his story, but Nic's going to let him know that I'm available for "nannying" at my place. The extra money would be nice and with the crazy hours they keep (4am some mornings -possibly as late as 11pm, although the norm would probably be 5ish - 6ish) it would be hard to just put her in day care.
It's after 10pm and thats late in our house. So I'm off to bed!
1 comment:
Sounds good, inky! Greet maximus from me. Too bad - I see the bunnies now again. We'll have to look for them when I come out.
Looking forward to the fish tank.
Post a Comment