Maximus made a new "friend" today. A 7 yr old boy named Anthony made his way inbetween backyards over to us to play. It was a little after 7pm, Colton was already in bed - which by the way, I couldn't find his pacifier so he screamed, but I guess now is a good time as any to take it away - I was sanding a stool and Nic and Maximus were kicking a bouncy ball and chasing it. Anthony was very well mannered and although he said he didn't have any younger siblings he was very obliging with Maximus. I could tell he was starving for some attention though. He kept asking us to watch him do this or play this. Sweet boy, though.
As we were driving to church yesterday we drove over a river...might have been "Little Potomac"...and there were some HUGE boulders sparadically through it and Maximus goes, "LOOK!!! Mommy, Daddy!! HIPPOS!!!!!!" He has such a way of trying to "put things together." It makes me smile :-)
Nic had a brief today on Memorial Day weekend and it sounds like Monday they get to meet the President. He said he thinks the boys and I will be able to come, too. But he has to double check. He has to do remedial PT every day and he came home today sore...hehe.
Colton turns ONE next month!! I can't believe it! He's such a sweet little peanut, I feel like he's still 6 months. He's definitley not as advanced as Maximus was, but then again Maximus was super baby. I'm content to have a more average baby. We need to set up our doctor and then I need to take him in for some shots...I feel kind of guilty for not taking him for his 9 month check up, but oh well...
For Mother's day we went to Panera (I have to get used to not calling it The St. Louis Bread Co.). I LOVE eating there, but its a little too expensive to be called fast food. Then we went to SMith Lake Park. It has a dam that had some water overflow but it was restricted access so we couldn't go explore. They mostly have baseball fields, soccer fields and of course a nice play ground. The boys had a great time playing. Colton basically picked up wood chips and threw them while Maximus went down the slides a thousand times! Then we came home had while Colton was sleeping in the car (door open) Maximus and I had home-made apple juice popcylces on the front porch, waiting for Colton to wake up...which didn't take long because Maximus woke him up....
In case anyone needs it :
114 Harvest Green Court
Stafford, VA 22556
Thank you all for your cards and letters! Maximus loves to get the mail. He insists on putting the key in himself and turning it (which takes about 5 minutes, unless I try to help him, although he yells at me when I do, "NO I DO IT!"). Oh yes, and Maximus can now buckle himself into his carseat. Sometimes he gets really frustrated and gets close to tears while at the same time telling me he can do it himself, other times he gets it done rather quickly and smiles all proud of himself....he's growing up so fast!!
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys are settling in to VA/military life. Gosh, and your boys are growing up so fast! It's a swell lil' family you got there, Inky. I want to thank you for the nice comment you left me the other day. I don't know if I'll ever get used to this lifestyle, but I'm definitely learning not to take time together for granted. After we finally got to a duty station, I thought when he was "home" (in country), he'd actually be home, but that's just not the case. I know you know what I mean now. One day at a time. I'm thinking good thoughts for you guys as well. Mwa.
Post a Comment