Monday, May 18, 2009

Sorry Chris and Jason...you have to be OLD to be a Pastor.

Maximus is walking around upstairs with a shirt on and his yellow rain galoshes. He went potty and he doesn't want to put his underwear and shorts back on. And at this moment I don't care enough to put my foot down. He looks hilarious. Oh yes, and he has socks on his hands. Is this an idea from you Mom? I can remember you doing this to the boys in church to occupy them.

In church today Maximus was rather loud. Since the move he has been much more disrespectful during the service and he refuses to whisper. He gets at least one spanking per church service. Anyway, today I had to change Colton's diaper right before the sermon and so I missed the sermon but Nic told me this dialogue he had with Maximus during the it:

Nic, "Maximus, don't talk. You have to be quiet."
Maximus, "Ok Daddy. Only old people talk?"
Nic, holding back the snickers, "Not quite Buddy, Only Pastor can talk."

Well, he was close.

Today Nic went to store to pick up some rhubarb for my most famous strawberry-rhubarb pie and he took Maximus with him. (Colton was napping so I had some nice quiet time in my kitchen to cook and bake IN PEACE.) On the drive Maximus made Nic call me to tell me not to watch his show (on TV). I asked if I could watch Fox news to which Maximus said NO. Apparently he said I could only watch MY show, but not the news. I don't even know what that means!

Oh yeah, and Maximus's galoshes are definitely on the wrong feet.

1 comment:

Arthur said...

Feels like he was right -0 after all, I'm both old and a pastor!

Took the Cycle down to Hillsboro the other day and back. 90 minute ride! Its getting longer.

Tried to find a strawberry festival at Kimmswick yesterday but the road had traffic backed up, so I just turned around. Glad to be on the bike.

The weekend up and back to WI was abit too fast, but we got them graduated!

Dad

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!