Colton is napping and Maximus is fighting it in his bed. I'm still not quite sure what his body wants to do. If he doesn't nap, he'll go to bed for us wonderfully at 7ish pm. Which is awesome, because then that would mean both boys are in bed at the same time...and since we've been going to bed around 9sih that means 2 hours kid free! Precious time! BUT the trick is to keep him awake between 5 and 7 pm. If he accidently falls asleep in the car or on the couch while watching a cartoon while mommy fixes dinner....even if its for 5 minutes, bedtime will be around 10pm. And he gets crabby. But if he does take a nap, he won't fall asleep until after 10pm! Even tho Nic and I are in bed, Maximus is in his bed...wide awake! So today I thought I would try to give him a nap earlier.....but its almost 1pm and he's still playing in his bed. So basically at this point I give up on the whole nap concept. I'd rather fight him to stay awake until bedtime than fight him to take a nap he won't take.
Let's talk about Colton. That little stinker has been pulling temper tantrums. FULL AND ALL OUT!! I mean, we're talking throwing himself on the floor, dropping all his weight and screaming. Crawling with his face in the carpet yelling. Can we say ORIGINAL SIN?? If he wants his cup and Maximus has it, oh man! If I just helped him slide down the slide 8 times and I don't do again immediately? Scream and a yell. I'm working on making him say "please." Even if all it ends up being is a smile, I'll take that. But I have no tolerance for tantrums/screaming to get his way. Maximus never pulled this so this is new unchartered territory for us....
Well, we're getting our first dose of being screwed by the Marine Corps. Since Nic is doing this TAPS volun-told work this weekend he has to take his 96 hr. liberty next week. So we were planning on going to Virginia Beach and having a fun family mini vacation. Well, not so fast there...Nic still has to show up for remedial PT every afternoon at 2pm. That screws everything up...We can't even really go siteseeing, just in case we get stuck in traffic. I don't know how they call that "liberty." I'm not happy about that, but oh well...I feel really bad for the guys who were planing on traveling home...
Nic decided not to go on Monday to possibly shake the President's hand. I'm glad. The boys and I basically won't see him until Monday. His days go from 6am - 10pm, and Saturday night he might even not come home. Which means going to church alone with the boys! That might turn into a nightmare...hopefully the boys won't be so naughty that I come home in tears! So maybe on Monday we can go somewhere fun...I kind of want to go strawberry picking....
Maximus is still talking about when he "had diarhea in Elena's classroom." Does ANYONE know what in the work he's talking about?!?!
2 comments:
I'm hoping by "classroom" he doesn't mean any of the play classrooms we have in my house! It better be at OSL!
hahah maybe you should check your basement!
Post a Comment