
Is today Tuesday?
My days are starting to run together. The days have been on the dreary side. I haven't seen the sun in .... 4 days? It's been a while. And its taking its toll on my moods, unfortunately. I've been real good - having dinner on the table when Nic gets home (and not the same thing twice), the house is still clean and tidy, laundry has been consistently done...but I find myself waiting every day for Nic to come home. I think I need the sun to come back out. I'm sick of the rain. Of not getting outside. Of Maximus' never ending supply of energy. I need to run it out of him every day.
Today I thought I would be able to have both boys take their nap at the same time, but I ended up spending Colton's entire nap trying to get Maximus to fall asleep. Which he didn't. And then Colton woke up and so Maximus didn't get a nap today. CORRECTION. He did have one.
He fell asleep on the 2 mile drive home from PetCo after getting his fish at 6:45. Wonderful. Now Nic is upstairs with him trying to get him to fall asleep and I'm pretty sure that Nic fell asleep instead. They've been upstairs for 2 hours now and I can still hear Maximus talking. In fact, Maximus came downstairs a bit ago with a sly grin. (That's why I think Nic is sleeping right now). I eventually succeeded in shooeing him upstairs .... OK I'm guilty, I'm watching the Biggest Loser - the finale is next week by the way- and I may of shooed him upstairs not as forcefully as I should have.
This leads me to another annoyance. Our evenings are basically all Nic and I have during the week. 4 hours basically. He gets home between 5:30 and 6:30 and we go to bed at 10ish. It's really aggravating me that most of our time, one of us is upstairs with Maximus trying to get him to fall asleep. OK, correction again. I tend to leave him in his bed and let him read for a while before I turn off the light and let him cry. But Nic tends to stay with him until he falls asleep. He's always been sort of a sucker for his boys, hehe :-) But seriously, its annoying!
Anyway, I'm hoping the weather gets nicer so I can get out of the house. I'm getting cabin fever!
It's 10:05. Bedtime. I better go check on Nic, hehe....
No comments:
Post a Comment