Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stinky Mommy

I forgot to share this story...at least I think I did...if I'm repeating, oh well. When we were in Chicago the morning we were leaving we were packing up our car. Maximus had made his way into the van and was playing in the front seat. I saw the keys sitting in the passenger seat but thought, there's no way he can do anything he shouldn't....little did I know how smart he is.... Yes, folks, from inside the house I hear a radio on and someone honking the horn. As I bring another load of bags out to the car ..... I almost drop everything onto the sidewalk. The little rascal had put the RIGHT key into the ignition and turned it and TURNED THE CAR ON!! I think the wipers were on, the hazards were on in addition to the radio and the horn going off randomly. I was so impressed I couldn't scold him. I mean really. That's impressive for a 2 yr old.

Last night as I was putting Maximus to bed I told him, "Stay in your bed, Mommy has to go take a shower because Mommy is stinky." (I had in fact just worked out.)
Maximus replies, "Oh, Ok. Mommy stinky? Mommy smell like poop?"
As I stifle a laugh I reply, "No Mommy smells like sweat Baby, not poop."
Maximus, "Sweat? Ok. Mommy have diahrea?" (Ok, I have no clue where this came from, honest.)
Once again I'm holding back the laughs, "No Darlin' Mommy does not have diahrea."
To which he replies, "Mommy, I go poop in bathroom in Elena's classroom." (Elena being my 7 yr old niece.)
Obviously this conversation had gotten out of hand and way off base, "Read your book, Maximus, Mommy will come say goodnight after my shower."

Hmm...this brings me to another thing. Why is it that mommies and daddies always refer to themselves in 3rd person?

Well, we have a birthday party to go to at 3 so I better go wrap the gifts I got today. Books. I'm stealing your idea Solveig and I'm only giving books from now on :-)

Tomorrow we're BarBQ-ing with Taylor and his wife, Jess. She came over the other day and hung out. We have a lot in common and I think I've made a new friend!! And she even offered to watch the kids for Nic and I so we can go out on dates!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!