Today was such a beautiful day!!! Hot and sunny! In the morning we went to the mall and ate lunch in the food court. We decided starting next Saturday we want to try and visit a new historical landmark every weekend. During the week of Memorial Day we're going to tentatively head out to Virginia Beach....
Nic was in Delta Company for about a week and a half before he got put back into Mike Company - a holding company for officers waiting to train at TBS. His PFT score wasn't super high....what they do is they take about 330 officers during 0week and they drop guys to Mike Company for medical (usually injuries from OCS), swim qualifications and if they still have more than about 300, then they looks at PFT scores and drop the lowest guys until they have about 300 officers in their company. The next company - Echo, starts the first week in June I think. I'm sure he'll pick up with them.
So Nic is back in Mike Company - which he likes to call the Reject Company. Mike Company has to work over Memorial weekend. When Nic first told me I was kind of bummed but then he told me what he was going to be doing. They are taking kids whose parent died in Iraq/Afghanistan and touring them around Washington DC. And they have to wear their Alpha's - hahahah, its going to be HOT - long sleeved and jacket! And also, they're supposedly going to also tour around DC with President Obama. He said it sounds like they will actually be WITH him walking around. So that would be kind of cool. We'll see what happens though.
So since he will be working all weekend, he gets most of the next week off. So that's why we're thinking of heading to Virginia Beach during the week. It'll be right before he picks up with Echo Company. We want to stay one night at a hotel and spend at least one whole day at the beach. I don't know what kind of beach they have.. hopefully its nice.
Nic bought me a new phone for Mother's Day! A bright pink Blackberry! I LOVE it!!! We also signed up for Text with his phone and mine....texting is the most common form of communication between LT's at TBS, and Nic was already spending a ton of pocket change on texting so we went ahead and added it to our phones. It's actually kind of fun- I can see why people like to do it!
Maximus still takes a couple hours to fall asleep at night. It's so annoying. Alone in his room with the light off and it'll still take 2 hours. I don't get it. And this is regardless of whether he gets a nap or not. He's in bed at 8, asleep by 10.
Colton finally got another tooth! He has 3 now. His other top tooth is almost through. He's walking more than crawling now. And he's starting to be more content - not wanting to be around me all the time.
I started to sand some stools I got from good will. Its going to take me forever!!!
Nic went golfing today. I don't think he did too great, lol.
Ok, so I know this post is boring...borderline informative. hehe. I promise my next one will be better!
Happy Mother's Day Mommy!! I love you, you are the best and I miss you so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment