I'm sitting outside enjoying the 93 degree whether today. I just gave Colton a bath and put him to bed (the time is 7:06) and I'm back outside with Maximus. We have a nice sized patio and the "back yard" is flat and because of where we are situated its big. Maximus and Colton had popcicles right before I took Colton inside (homemade with apple juice) and the concrete is still sticky (as well as my legs). Maximus is playing with his cars and Nic is inside watching the NFL draft. I had to literally drag him away from it earlier (and possibly even guilt him) in order to go to the store. In turn we missed Buffalo's first round pick.....not a happy Nic, and they didn't pick who he wanted......how dare they!
Anyway...we are getting settled. I of course left our camera at Alicia's house so I can't take pictures to post, but as soon as I get it, I will. I LOVE the space we have. It's so much easier to keep everything tidy when I'm not tripping over everything. I actually have a kitchen. A dining room. A living room. Each boys have their own room. An office. A master bath. A place for the kids to play in the back. A playground and pool within walking distance. A small fitness center in the clubhouse (24/7). And I can actually fit all my bedroom furniture in my bedroom! I have drawers again!! I'm trying not to get too excited because I know this place isn't permanent but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
BUT, the movers did lose 2 boxes and Nic's tool box. We are missing about half our DVD's, toys, hardware for the crib and the futon. That's probably the most maddening. We can't set up the office or Colton's room without that hardware. And the movers told us someone would be in contact with us, but no one ever called. So I finally nagged Nic enough to call and WE have to call some number on Monday (because Nic didn't call until 4:45 Friday). So I'm really annoyed about that mess up. They better make it up.
Maximus is missing his cousins. In fact, just 5 minutes ago he told me, "Uh, Eddie an' Simone come over my new house in 'Ginia? That be real fun, Mommy!" He's said that about Emmitt and Payton (sorry Lilly) and of course Alex-Nolan-Elena-Kyle (because they're all one name, I guess...that's how he says it). His moods have become rather dramatic - changing with the snap of your fingers - temper tantrum one second to "I happy Mommy, I happy!!!!" like that.
Colton is getting closer to walking he takes about 3 steps before falling and he stands from squatting. He's been going to bed the past couple nights at 7pm which has been really nice because then Maximus can get some one on one time playing outside with us. Yesterday we played with his bowling set. I set up the pins and drew a line with sidewalk chalk that he stood behind and basically threw his balls from. He starting to recognize his sounds too - which I am really excited about - thanks to The Letter Factory DVD from Leap Frog. I wrote letters on the concrete and he would tell me the sounds. Surprisingly he was right most of the time!!
We don't get great cell phone service in our house. I don't get any service at all. I have all my bars for my signals but the signal drops every time. So that's why I haven't been making any phone calls or calling people back. I can only call people when I'm gone from my house - and I usually have the kids and so its not very convienent. I'm not sure what we're going to do, Nic gets a little better service than I do, but still not great.
Maximus is digging a hole in the yard. I better make sure its not going to get out of hand.
Love you all in STL and we miss you all very much. Especially you Mom and Dad. And I better give a shout out to you Solveig - I saw where you wrote in my calendar to call you next week...I still haven't figured out when you did that.....
No comments:
Post a Comment