Well...I'll do my best to write a new post. We're at Alicia's and Nic tends to let the kids run wild when we're here and I end up doing most of the supervision! :-) So we'll see how this goes...
The movers came Monday and packed most of our things. We all went out to dinner one last time with my family to O'Charley's. Good food, good times. We stayed Monday night at the Peterson's house (my sister Ann). Maximus wasn't paying any attention and fell down their stairs while Nic watched, laughing. I on the other hand couldn't see what was happening and only hear, clunk - bump-smash, and ask Nic, "What's happening?! Did he just fall down the stairs?!" And all I see and hear is Nic laughing. Maximus is screaming and I'm pretty sure I smacked Nic as I raced down the stairs to comfort my sobbing child. When I asked Nic what was wrong with him (aka, what are you doing laughing?) he replied, "What? He did a cartwheel. It's funny!" Whatever Nic.
Last week Colton took his turn down the stairs at the Peterson's house. The gate somehow got left open and he fell down. All I heard were his screams and found him at the bottom of the stair well attempting to sit up. Very scary. But he was fine. The Timm Guradian Angel has his hands full watching over my boys!
Tuesday the movers came an hour late to finish packing up our things. Nic and I made a trip over to my brother Rolph's house to get boxes I had stored over there so our house looked more bare to show to sell (which didn't do any good). As it turns out the packers had to unpack all of our boxes and repack them. Something the government makes them do (not sure if thats only for military moves). How annoying.
While Scott watched the boys I went to the spa and cashed in on a facial that Nic got me for our anniversary back in December. It was the most relaxing 50 minutes of my entire life!!! Seriously, all husbands presently reading this - buy this for your wife!!
They loaded the truck and were gone by 2ish. Nic and I then spent a couple hours cleaning and packing our car with everything they wouldn't pack. Our car is currently riding pretty low! We cleaned the house and left at 4pm to get the boys.
We had two showings that evening and one of them had horrible reviews and the second actually said they were interested but apparently they aren't approved for a loan yet so their interest basically means nothing as of right now. We have another showing on Saturday. Our realtor said we might need to drop to 89,999 if things don't pick up soon....which is $20,000 that we lose. If it gets to that, I think we'll pull off the market and hope to rent it out. There's just no way we can bite that bullet. UGH.
But I'm not going to even think about selling our home right now. That's just asking for an anxiety attack and since Nic is always telling me to stop worrying....I will :-) At least until we get settled.
Well surprisingly Nic is putting Maximus to bed. Actually he's kind of been a big sucker for Maximus.... in a good way. Nic wanted me to put Maximus to bed but when Maximus cried that he wanted Daddy, Nic just couldn't say no. And I'm not about to complain!!
We're staying here with Alicia until Friday and then we head out to Chicago. Saturday we go to Nic's parent's home and Monday we leave for the 10 hour trip to our home in VA. Hopefully we only have to spend one night without all of our things. They're supposed to unload our things Tuesday. Jean (Nic's Mom) is coming with us, driving Nic's car, to help with moving in, esp with the boys.
Time to watch tv and then go to bed. Today was my turn to sleep in, so I'll be getting up with the boys tomorrow morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment