It's been a while since I've had a moment to sit down at the computer and type. Since my last entry we made our long trip to see Nic's graduation and came home without him (although I was secretly hoping somehow he would surprise me and say, Honey I'm coming home with you). Last Friday, though I picked him up from the airport sometime after midnight and its been great ever since. I have a NORMAL life now!!
Maximus has been holding on to Nic for dear life and Colton is getting caught up in the excitement - being extra merry. We went through Nic's clothes and got rid of 3 trash bags of clothes that no longer fit him, and likely won't fit him until he's "Not as mean, Not as Lean....but still a marine" aka, no longer active duty or retired.
We're looking forward to moving to VA. Next Monday we get packed and then loaded on Tuesday. We're not entirely sure when our things will arrive so our plans for the following week depend mostly on that, but we'd like to visit Nic's sister, friends in Chicago (see a Cubs game), see his parents/sisters. Nic's mom will be driving out to VA with us - to help with driving and getting our things settled, and of course being grandma to the boys. :-) Nic and I are looking forward to the help!!
No comments:
Post a Comment