Well, tomorrow I leave for my journey to see Nic. I'm starting to get excited, but not overly - I know he won't be coming home with me so when it's over I have to come back to the same life - without him. I'm sure when I come back I'll get "depressed" coming off of a high from seeing him, but ah, such is life :-) Good thing for sisters, huh?
Maximus is very excited to see Nic. He's been talking about it for the past week. Saying, "I see Daddy 2 weeks, Mommy. 2 weeks! YYYEEEEAAA!" He says it all in his high pitched squeaky voice, as if he knows the higher he goes, the more endearing it is. He also clapps his hands. Now of course I have him saying 1 week. He knows we're leaving tomorrow for a long trip that involves: Seeing Aubrey and Calvin's goats (sorry Calvin, Alicia and Chloe, apparently you all don't rate as well, lol), Going to a hotel and seeing GRandma and Papa Timm and Aunt Jenna, Driving in the car, swimming in a pool, seeing Aunt Dani, and THEN seeing Daddy! We're taking this one point of excitement at a time :-)
Maximus has been climbing the railing lately and hanging from it, so his feet are a couple feet from the ground and saying, "I a soldier Mommy, a soldier like Daddy." Or, "Look at me Mommy, I doing pullups. I a soldier." Then he drops to the floor rather dramatically (flailing his arms and legs as if he fell 200 ft instead of 2 ft) and starts marching around the house, looking at me out of the corner of his eyes yelling, "March! March! March!" He then laughs hysterically as I join right in. I think this is all coming from seeing the pictures of Nic online. He loves to point to them and try to find Daddy. Of course anyone with dark hair is Nic to him, but its the idea that he thinks he see him that matters, giving him a connection :-) No matter how many times I correct him, Daddy is a different guy in every picture we see, even when we start at the beginning again!!
Maximus' favorite part of our bedtime ritual is talking about Daddy. Every night when I ask him what he thinks Nic did that day he tells me, "Daddy tackle Emmitt!" It never fails. (Emmitt is my 4, almost 5 yr old nephew) Everyday he tackles Emmitt and I have no idea where that comes from. This is something new, though: Maximus thinks Nic is in Africa. Now I know he has idea where Africa is - the only reason why he knows anything about it is my sister Karis went on a mission trip there in January. But lately he tells me in a sad voice, "My Daddy in Africa." And I've corrected him I don't know how many times. But last night as he's going to bed (It's become a long process again, thanks to him getting sick) he started to cry and tell me, "I so sad Mommy! I want my Daddy. Daddy in Africa! I want Daddy come back!!" He cried big fat crocodile tears, as if he knew Africa was FAR away. Somehow, when I told him Daddy was in Virginia he stopped crying and it made him feel better - which I have no idea why because he doesn't know one from the other. I don't know where he picks some of these ideas up...
Before I forget, I want to say thank you to everyone for their prayers and gifts and help the past 9 weeks. It's truly been the toughest 9 weeks of my life - and I'm not Nic, going through what he went through!! You all have no idea how much it means to me to know that you are all thinking of me and the boys. I really never knew what a sacrafice military WIVES make when their husbands join the military. I have a newfound respect for everyone of them out there!
Well I need to go finish packing and cleaning what I can. Tomorrow will be a busy day before we leave. A lot of things I can't really do until RIGHT before we leave - oh joy!
1 comment:
I hope y'all have fun!! And I hope you get to steal him away for a little bit here and there. When Joe graduated from basic, there was a constant battle between me and his mother for his time. It was amazing. :-) You said Nic won't come home with you. Does he go to more training after this? Like for a specific MOS? I have no idea about Marine stuff. Just wondering. Congrats to Nic!!
Post a Comment