Monday, March 2, 2009

Thus concludes the worst week of my "single" mom's life

I must say this past week has been pretty close to the worst one I may have ever experienced. At least the worst in my "single" mom life. Sunday was, as you know, full of Colton puking. He did puke one more time after his church episode and was patheticly lethargic for the rest of the day. Little did I know how that would set the stage for the next 7 days....



Monday - Actually it didn't start out all that terrible. In fact I met my friend Sarah for lunch at McDonald's, one with a playplace. Our two oldest children had a great time running around together and playing in the tubes and sliding down the slides. It was fun. We split with plans for meeting the next morning after breakfast and heading out to Lone Elk Park, a drive-through nature reserve full of bison and elk. When we got home I put the boys down for a nap - at the same time! It was great! I had time to check my email and read a magazine. The lull before the storm! I started feeling sick by the time the boys woke up and around 4ish the nightmare began. Ever had dirreah while vomiting with an 8 month old crying at your feet pulling himself on your legs while a 2 year old tries to look in the toilet behind you? By 6 pm I lost track of how many times I had vomited, but it averaged about every 15-20 minutes. I nursed Colton early (6:10) and put him to bed an hour early for his own safety. I dragged Maximus upstairs shortly after that and let him play with his cars on my beg until I felt justified in turning the light out, hoping he would go to sleep so I could puke without him copying my actions and sounds, "coughing" into the bucket next to me. By 9:30 I felt like I had vomited for the last time and was literally thanking God that it was over when Maximus threw up everywhere. The poor child had never thrown up before and was so confused, he was crying and trying to swallow it as it came up! Monday night was spent with me waking up to the sound of Maximus throwing up, me trying to clean it up the best I can before passing out until the next episode. Oh yeah, and I wasn't done either...



Tuesday - Maximus kept throwing up all day, off and on. There were no tell tale signs so I never knew he was going to be sick until it was everwhere. But at least I was done. Maximus' diarreah began and he decided he was going to do it standing on the toilet so the bathroom had...well...lets just say it stunk and was gross and disgusting. And I was so weak and dehydrated that I could barely do more than crawl around the house so cleaning was out of the question. Just carrying Colton down the stairs made me lightheaded and nauseated. And the only thing we had in the house to drink was milk. No exactly good to drink after being sick! Oh, and Colton's diarreah kicked in finally. Tuesday was a gross and pathetic day.



Wednesday - I finally had enough energy to put the kids in the car and go to Walmart to get some juice and things for our trip to TX on Thursday. Maximus actually fell asleep in the cart. At this point he's still throwing up randomly throughout the day and night. As I leave Walmart I check my voicemail and find out we have a showing scheduled in 5 hours. I race home to air out the house (temp was about 70) and do some HEAVY DUTY cleaning. At this point I still can't eat more than jello. I weigh myself and I had lost 8 lbs! No wonder I was having trouble nursing Colton! (Nic won't be very happy about that weightloss but I've already gained half that back so ...) Anway, Solveig and I leave my house for the showing and head for Burger King, where I actually ate a burger and Maximus had some chicken (and didn't throw it up). While we are still in the drive-thru though I get a phone call and they canceled on us, which I find out today, they pulled up and saw it was a townhome and decided they weren't interested and didn't even want to look inside. * sigh* It's going to be harder to sell this place than we originally thought. Not to mention, my realtor now wants us to knock 5 grand off our asking price, which financially we really can't do.... So Wed. ends with me putting the kids to bed, packing the car which what I can for our trip to TX the next day, setting the alarm for "very early" and going to bed meself.

Thursday - I got the kids and everything else we used that night packed into the car and we headed over to Ann's house for the caravan. I left later than I wanted to....it was harder to get the boys and everything in the car than I had planned AND Maximus peed all over the bathroom floor because he refused to sit on the toilet. Rascal. SO at 6AM 3 vans left form Ann's house for TX. I had a full van with lots of hands to help with the boys - Mom, Dad, Karis and Jason. It's a good thing too, because Maximus threw up 4 times all over the place. The smell was horrendous and I feel sorry for my passengers (And I'm sure everyone else was glad they weren't stuck in my van!) We got the Dallas and checked into the hotel. We had a full room with Sonja, Chris, Karis and Jason. Colton was difficult that night, taking an hour to fall asleep and waking up several times to cry. Maximus also threw up all over the bed. Housekeeping anyone?

Friday - It wasn't actually too bad. We went to some stores and we went to the rehearsal dinner, which was really yummy! we swam in the (now warm after we complained) pool. Maximus and I had a good time playing in the hot (well, more like warm) tub while Colton slept. I gave Maximus a shower, got him dressed in his jammies, put him in the bed, then went to get some towels from the bathroom just in case he throws up and BAM he throws up before I get there! At least this time it was on his side of the bed instead of mine. Karis and Jason got sick this night and I felt very sorry for them. Also, Emmitt, Lilly, Susan and Elena were sick.

Saturday - I'll zip through the details and blog later about the wedding, which was beautiful by the way. Karis was barely feeling well but her and I had to go to the Castle to practice our song we were singing so I left my kids with Solveig. When we got back, Maximus almost immediately threw up, but luckily he warned me and we made it to the bathroom in time. We got changed and dressed up and went to the wedding. Maximus threw up minutes before the ceremony began and he whined and cried when I had to go up there to sing so in order to not make a scene (which he already was doing) I held him while I sang, which was NOT easy. He clung to me the entire time and basically embarrassed me and thank you to all my family for your attempts with him, and for everyone who held Colton for me...I don't even know how many arms he went to. We left a bit early along with Sonja who had been sick for a while by then. I gave the kids a bath, put Colton to bed, talked to Nic, Maximus threw up, put him to bed, talked to Nic some more and went to bed. Scott and Chris and Grace were sick...who knows who else.

Sunday - We left at 7AM and the only good thing about this car trip was that Maximus didn't throw up once! We got stuck in Arkansas, where apparently its never snowed before and the state obviously doesn't own a plow because it took us 3.5 hours to drive about 30 miles. It was horrible and I never want to drive through Arkansas again. The 10 hour drive turned into 14. I didn't get home until 10PM and within minutes of being home we were all in bed fast asleep.

Monday - Today- Maximus has already thrown up twice and Colton has had several bouts of unexplainable cries...but I somehow managed to take a nap and read a letter I got from Nic. It's the 1st one in 2 weeks, so that was nice. Also this is the 2nd time I'm writing this blog...my computers are being stupid! So Although today isn't acting like its a new week, I'm going to pretend that last week never happened - except for the wedding of course - and just be happy that I'm one week closer to seeing Nic and HOPEFULLY 32 days away from him coming back home and being my husband again.

Nic owes me BIG TIME.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Holy crap. Nick definitely owes you. And more than a dog. Even I feel like throwing up after reading that. I can't imagine. You're the real soldier in the family. Hoo-ah.

- Katie M

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!