Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Updates

Well we are all mostly recovered from our illnesses. I'm not quite at 100% but I've been able to get the house in order since I slacked off last week. I'm now convinced that what I had was a cold because now I have a cough that will probably nag around for a while.

On Saturday we took the boys to the mall to get their pictures taken. It was almost unbearable!! Maximus was SO naughty and would not cooperate. It was really quite embarrassing. And Colton wanted me to hold him the entire time. After working for close to 30 minutes we decided to take a break and come back in an hour. It went much better then and we got the shots we needed :) And Nic got a taste of how sometimes I go in public and just want to run home screaming!

Maximus really enjoys Sunday School. I am so proud of how he listens - especially since the last 3 years I was convinced I was raising that "naughty," disruptive boy in class. Such a relief! Hard work paying off :)

I made him checklists for morning and night to help get him more into a routine and to have him learn to do things on his own. I laminated each one and he puts stickers on them when he completes each task. He really likes it and it gets him excited about his "chores." (brushing teeth, put away dirty clothes, get dressed...) The best part is, I can peel all the stickers off when it gets full and reuse our chart :)

It seems since he's turned 3 he's been more emotional. And by emotional I mean naughty. He doesn't want Colton to play with things he is playing with and he crys and throws fits often. I've heard 3's are worse than 2's...I guess that just means more spankings and time outs :)

I wish Colton would talk. So far he only says "hot" and "sit." He mostly grunts and then gets frustrated when I have no clue what he's talking about. He's been throwing more mini tantrums too. It's been exhausting lately keeping the 2 boys in line! He's getting bigger, but I think he looks the exact same as when he was 6 months old. Same face just more hair to cut :)

Nic had the Endurance Course today and has a test this afternoon. He spent much of yesterday studying. He was good and watched the kids for me while I scrubbed the entire upstairs. There's been some things going on in his company which have been frustrating lately. The Endurance course was pushed up a few weeks - which meant less time to prepare, they are making everyone re-do land navigation (which Nic got a 100 on and the odds of doing that again are slim) and he had to go in early Sat morning for an extra room inspection. Needless to say he's ready to graduate from TBS!

But the weather today is beautiful! Sunny and cool :)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Aubrey's right there with Maximus with the tantrums. What's up with that? Hopefully they grow out of them fast! :)

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!