Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fishing and Paddle Boat

Saturday we took the boys to Lunga Park. We got Maximus a superman fishing pole for his birthday and finally made it to the lake to try it out! He was SUPER excited!! Nic and he "fished" for a good long time (ok, maybe 20-30 minutes) and during the process his brand new cheaply made fishing pole broke. Apparently it wasn't real fishing line. Also, he didn't have a hook on the end (we didn't want him to actually CATCH a fish, instead he just had a heavy red fish - I think its supposed to help you learn how to cast) which I believe was lost.

Colton of course would make a beeline for the lake. Dead run. I mean, he didn't even stop when he got to the edge of the water. Good think I'm quick. :)

So since his pole broke, we decided to finally rent a paddle boat for an hour. I mean, for 5 bucks you can't really go wrong. So, the four of us in lifejackets, we embarked on our slightly scary trip to the middle of the lake. It was rather interesting even getting on the boat. There are no sides. So I had to ask the 15 yr old attendant to hold Colton while I got in and have him hand him to me. I think he was shocked and didn't even know how to hold him lol, I almost felt sorry for him!

But we got on the boat - Maximus sitting in the middle, Colton on my lap (he was pretty squirmy!)- which made paddling somewhat difficult. I'm sure he didn't enjoy bouncing up and down ...pretty much the entire time.

I think we were out on the water for about 25 minutes. At about that time both boys were getting rather restless so we headed back. Nic did a perfect job of parking it back at the dock. I was actually shocked that he did it so perfectly...I have memories of him parking a skii boat on our vacation a couple years ago!

Anyway, it was a good day. We had dinner with some friends who are moving to North Carolina in a couple of weeks. Time is flying by!! We'll hopefully find out Nic's MOS in about a month and then I guess about a month after that we'll find out where we'll be stationed. We're halfway through TBS!! Yea!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!