Maximus, "I need God, I need God, Hi-Ho the Dairy-O the Farmer and the Dell!"
Ok, let me give you some background on this one. Maximus has been saying "Oh My Gosh!" a whole lot. And it won't even be in an appropriate setting (not that saying that is ever appropriate). He'll just say it over and over again. And Nic and I both agree that saying that phrase is the same as saying "Oh my God!" which is taking God's name in vain... and so we don't allow him to say that. I've explained to him that saying Oh my Gosh! is the same as Oh my God! and that when you say that - you are basically telling God that you don't need him. So then he thought it would be funny to say over and over again "I don't need God!!!" He thinks he's being funny and will laugh hysterically no matter how much I discipline him or explain away.
So last night, after Nic got home from 3 days in the field, Maximus was doing it again and finally I just told him to go up to his room. Oh man! He balled and balled until Nic came downstairs and gave him a talk. Now he reassures me quite frequently that he DOES indeed God. And so he made up a song to prove it I guess lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment