It feels like our 4 day weekend has flown by - and both Nic and I couldn't really even tell you what we have done the last couple days! But we have enjoyed doing nothing after such a busy summer. It's been nice to have lazy evenings with the boys in bed - watching a movie or reading books. We both just got new books, so that's our latest obsession :) Timm bookworms, that's us!
Nic is working on an order right now and I'm on the couch with the boys. We rented a movie for them from redbox - Ollie the Submarine, or something like that. It's a short cartoon. Although I don't like to let the kids watch movies right before bed, its nice for a change of pace.
We went to the park today and I've come to think of Colton as Little Nic - he has a horrendous temper and when he gets mad, he doesn't want anyone to touch him, come near him, talk to him or look at him. He has Nic's temper, although Nic controls it well enough, Colton cannot. So he's my little Nic. He can go from sweet little peanut to angry 15 yr old with overbearing parents as fast as you can snap your fingers. It's quite funny actually. We're still working on how to handle it when he does it, but I can tell already he's going to be a little more high maintenance than Maximus. Oh Joy!
I cannot believe Maximus is going to be 3!! My little sweet pea - I feel like before I know it, he'll be going off to college! In the past week I've had 2 different people on 2 separate occasions ask if he was 4 and if he's started school yet. When they found out he was 2, they were shocked! I go back and forth between putting him in 3 yr old preschool next year. I know its a year away, but, well, I like to plan things out :) I'm starting to feel like I want him home with me forever lol....Although there are many times when I feel like - please! someone take him! :)
Well, I'm sorry to say that Maximus hasn't really done anything too hysterical lately...although at Panera today he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you need to shave." Thanks, kiddo. He thought he was hilarious, I just looked at Nic and asked him what he has been telling our all too clever son lol. (Nic "shaves" Maximus on the weekends - he loves it and thinks he big like Daddy)
Well it's about time to put Colton to bed...and soon it will be Maximus - and then it's another lazy evening reading my book, waiting for Nic to finish writing his LONG order (by hand) and then its another movie - Thank you Redbox :)
OH - and Hoangs, you know Nolan's "Orange" shirt from the Bolstad family reunion?? Maximus wears it to bed frequently and I've just tonight noticed that it actually fits him now..it's no longer a big PJ shirt..... He's getting SO BIG!!
No comments:
Post a Comment