Monday, October 5, 2009

anymarine.com :)

I know I've e-mailed many of ya'll on this topic, but I'm just so excited about it! Anymarine.com It's the website that directs you to a marine (soldier, airman, sailor) overseas on deployment with an address so you can send care packages and mail to marines who get little to none. Anyway, I decided to do this and I plan to send something on a pretty regular basis, whether its just a card/letter or an actual package. It's a good feeling to be sending much needed items to the men and women out there fighting and dieing for our country, for us. And in a subtle way I want to introduce the concept of deployments to the boys and in a way desensitize them to the concept so when it happens to us it won't be such a big deal and shock (although I'm sure it will...I'm just praying for 6 month deployments and not a year long one). But anyway, we have two sets of clippers. One is about 4 years old, not the greatest but still in working condition. One is only a couple months old but I didn't like how it cut so I got a new one instead. So we have these 2 clippers and I've been trying to find good homes for them when I found on that website a marine stating how badly they needed clippers, how they hadn't had a working pair in over a month and he was asking if anyone could please help him in anyway.....how perfect!! I am so excited to be sending them both over to him!! It makes me feel so good inside to know that I can make a difference!! :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!