Friday, October 9, 2009

Milo and Coltimus

Okay, okay...we're watching Milo and OTIS but I like to call my boys Coltimus because I think it's funny, hehe. Tomorrow Nic comes home so there's only tonight to get through. For some reason this week without him has been pretty tough. Maximus got angry last night while he was in bed "sleeping." I went upstairs to see what was going on and he said, "I'm just SO ANGRY!! I want Daddy HOME!!" So I told him, "I'm angry TOO! I want Daddy home too!! Oh I'm just SO ANGRY!" (He stared at me intently) I then proceeded to punch his pillow. He got the most confused look on his face ... like, can she do that? Soon enough we were both punching the pillow and he was laughing hysterically while trying to say, "I'm so angry!" So it ended well..although he had a hard time falling asleep. Nic always makes a point to talk to Maximus the night before he has overnight field exercises, but this is the longest one we've had yet. I don't know how some guys stay the entire week in the barracks (the ones with kids especially). I'm glad Nic comes home :)

Well I was busy this week crocheting a sweater - with a pattern I got from Alicia (thanks!). It's actually not bad - its symmetrical, which I think means a success. It's too big for Maximus and he cried this morning when I had him try it on haha! I used black yarn. If I get around to it I'll take a piture of it so ya'll can oooh and aaah over my hard work :) My next project will be one of the dresses in the book. *SUSAN* I don't think you read my blog, but if you do, you should get the pattern and make sweaters for your kids for school :) It's actually easy! Or maybe you can make an outfit for your pet bunny haha!

So the biggest dilemma I have right now is trying to find a babysitter for the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. It's Nov 13th and it's in Richmond, VA...which I think is a good hour away, if not more. And everyone we know will be going so that leaves no one I can trust to watch our kids for us. Ideally we would want someone to stay the night because then Nic and I can get a room at the hotel they're having the ball at. Not going is not an option .... so I've got a month to figure out where we're going to do.


Hopefully next week - next Friday to be exact - we find out Nic's MOS (job). I'm really praying he gets one of his top 2 choices. As far as where he's ranked - its hard to tell what he'll get. So I can't even begin to guess.

Boys are getting their flu shot tomorrow. That should be fun. NOT!

I got Colton to say "ball" yesterday! Ah! Such a milestone I know :)

Nothing exciting going on for the weekend :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!