Wednesday, February 2, 2011

1/64

Well, 1/64 days down!  And it actually went quite well.  I feel good this time, about Nic leaving.  I don't feel like I'm overwhelmed and bogged down with the kids.... lol, yet - I should say!  I'm sure I'll get to that point and when I do, I will think about all my friends who's husbands are in Afghanistan for 6 months.  I can be grateful he's only gone for 2 months.  Funny how your perspective changes once you join the military.  Where you count yourself lucky that your husband is only going to be gone for 2 months.  It's kind of sad in a way....

Today we went to a bible study - I met a couple other mommies, which was nice.  The boys were a little bored I think, but that's to be expected... I'm pretty sure they were both the oldest.  It still is kind of frustrating that we can't seem to find many families exactly like ours - with a 4 year old being the oldest.  But I'm still grateful to be making new friends :)

We watched Despicable Me again today.  We watched it last night as a family and we all really liked it a lot. Nic laughed more than the kids!  But it skipped through quite a bit of the movie - it was scratched.  So I had to go back to get a new one and we finally got to watch the whole thing today.  Maximus and I played Star Wars on the Wii.  We had fajitas for dinner - mmmm, they were SO good!

The boys are now in bed.  Colton's come out twice crying and Maximus has come out once to go potty - but this time I told him he wasn't allowed to poop - only pee!!  With school in the morning, the last thing I need is for him to be up until 9 pm!

Well.... Elora is crying, I better go rock her to sleep... She wouldn't nurse very well and I kind of thought she would put herself to sleep - but apparently that was wishful thinking!!  G'night all!

1 comment:

God's many Blessings said...

I know what you mean about finding friends with kids your kids ages... not easy. I find myself having difficulty find a small group at Church. Do I go with those with older kids? So I have good Church friends for my older 10 and 13 year old. I really like knowing their friends parents at this age. But most people with kids this age work while their kids are in school. But since I stay home and most others who do only have the younger kids like my 20 month and 3 year old. Plus unless you have boys(meaning more that one and especially close in age) know one understands their play. They just are not as "gentle" as girls. And then I have poor Alayna at 7 who just some girls friends, because like I said her brother are not to into girl play. While Lukas trys he is anly 3 and doesn't do it right according to a 7 year old. Just thought I would share. I love reading your blog and you are a great mom Ingrid, Nic is blessed to have found you.

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!