Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nic gets to ride an elephant; I get to change diapers

Well today is another day done!

We had a pretty productive day today.  Kyle (works with Nic) came over this morning to play with the boys.  He threw them around a bit before he got called in for work, but it worked for the best because I had forgotten to tell him we had Drew's birthday party to go to.  Hopefully he can come back over next weekend.  The boys really need rough housing and it's not the same coming from me as it is from a male figure.

Drew's party was a success I would say.  Colton got hit by the birthday boy 3 times for playing with his toys.  He's not exactly the most well behaved kid so I was little nervous when, as we got in the car to go back home, Maximus said that Drew is his new favorite friend!  I'm not too worried though because Maximus will tell ya, "Drew isn't nice because he throws sand."

We checked the mail at Futenma on the way home.  The boys were excited to get valentines from their cousins Aubrey and Chloe!  I can't believe that Chloe can write her name! I need to work on Colton! :)
 I tend to forget to work with his letters because I get so busy trying to get Maximus to learn his!

When we got home (finallly) I was able to get all three kids napping! At the same time! For like 2 hours!! So I took a little snooze on my recliner - it was SO nice!!

I've started Elora on squash and she really likes it!  I'm excited to see her grow and change!  It's so much fun! I can't wait to see how our house dynamic changes when she adds her personality to our mix :)

We're supposed to get to skype with Nic tonight :-)  I'm going to have to keep the boys awake, since it won't be till around 9:00ish.  Nic was hoping to go on this tour they offer in Thailand where he would get to ride an elephant through the jungle!  How exitcing!  I told him to take lots of pictures!

The boys continue to do well with their Daddy missing, although Maximus asked me today how much longer Daddy would be gone and that he wanted him to come home.  I think we're getting close to their "I want Daddy Meltdown."

I asked a mother of 2 girls how she handled her daughters with their Daddy gone - how they handled it and what she did to ease it so they didn't miss him too much, hoping to get some good advice.  But all I got was, if I handle it well, then they won't miss him - basically.  Maybe it's because I have boys.  I don't know.  But my kids act differently without their daddy. They get to a point where they NEED him and I stop being a good subsitute.... and then they start getting emotional very easily and they get naughty.  I imagine we'll get to that point sometime next week....

I watched The Blind Side (again) last night while I cleaned up the main living area... that movie was just what I needed - so inspirational.  It motivated me :-)   oorah

2 comments:

C, Elle & Parker said...

Hey! Glad you made it to Bible study after all! I'm sorry I missed you guys!
You're doing a great job with the boys. I don't think you can pretend it's easy, or that you can fix it so that they won't miss him- but you'll be there for them when they do. :)
Hope to see you soon!

Alicia said...

Chloe just started writing her name last week, so don't feel like Colton should be doing it too. :) I only taught her to do it because she loves to sit down and write like her sister. She definitely doesn't know all her letters yet either.

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!