Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beach Day in February

We had a fabulous day today!  Woke up at 7 and fed Elora and then the boys and got everyone dressed and out the door (leaving at about 8:30 - how does it take this long?) I dropped Maximus off at school and then I treated myself to a large Coke through the BK drive-thru.  Colton and Elora helped me pick out 2 gifts for a boy in Maximus' class at the Garden Center at the Foster PX (don't ask, but that's where they keep the toys) - he's having a birthday party on Saturday.  I got one for each of my boys to give him, and I already emailed her to ask if it was OK that I brought Colton and Elora....hopefully it won't be an issue... especially since it's at their house... if it was at a party room or a place where you had to pay I would of course get someone to watch Colton, but I'm hoping since it sounds more informal that it won't be an issue - but since I don't know the family.... we'll see!  Anyway, I think it's just polite that each kid that partakes in the festivities gets a gift for the birthday kid.  So we got him two lego building things...and then I got two to give the boys on Valentines Day.  I usually am not big celebrating Valentines Day, but since Nic is gone I feel like it'll help distract from his obvious every day absence.

Anyway, after the PX we went to Play Morning at the Foster library (10-11).  Colton really enjoys playing with the other kids and I think it's good for him to play with others WITHOUT Maximus around.  A Pediatric Dentist came in to speak to us and answer any questions.  I wasn't very impressed with her.  The biggest concern over here is the lack of floride in the water and she said she recommends buying the nursery water with added floride to drink, for everyone not just your kids.  And then someone asked her about Floride drops, which I believe you can get prescribed, so FREE instead of EXPENSIVE water - waste of money in my eyes.  And this is where she kind of contracdicted herself.  She said since kids are drinking and eating products from the States that are made with water from the States, aka they have floride in it, ie juices etc, then the floride drops would be too much floride and could damage their teeth.  So then why would I need to buy my kids special water to drink with added floride??? I wanted to ask her this but I had just asked her if floride was proactive or retroactive and she had no clue what I was talking about, made me feel like I was asking a brick wall scientific questions.  So I figured she probably didn't know so much afterall and should stop asking her such "hard" questions!  I will agree that floride is important, so I will think about buying the nursery water for my kids but still.... not impressed LT, not impressed.

So after Play morning we went to get Maximus.  He had his Valentines party today so he had a bunch of things to take home (good thing I had Elora in the snugli!)... everyone had apparently handed out some kind of candy with their Valentines.  Oops.  I guess Maximus was "uncool" today- he only had Valentines sans candy to give to his friends!  We went through the drive-thru at Popeyes and got biscuits for lunch - they are SO GOOD!! Apparently I wasn't thinking because I ordered 12! We definitely only ate half!  Oh well.... leftovers are great.

We ate at Araha and then went down to the beach to play.  We met another Mom from Kuwae there - she has a newly 5 year old daughter and surprising enough all 3 played real well together!  It was a beautiful day and right about now I'm seriously regretting not bringing the camera!  Maximus ended up in just his jeans, rolled up and Colton ended up in just his underwear (his jeans got too wet and were too heavy to stay on him).  Elora slept the ENTIRE time - straight through a feeding.  Which is unusual if only because I was holding her the entire time. 

It was so nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine and watch the boys play in the sand and get their feet and legs wet in the water.  We found a small little crab which the kids were excited about - until Maximus tried to kill it and Wendy (the other Mom) had to throw it to save it's life!

We were there from 12:00- 3ish.  We got to the car and I fed Elora while I told the boys to go to sleep - and they did!  And they slept all the way home!  They took a shower when we got home and we've been laying low ever since.  We had cereal for dinner - hey, don't judge!  They asked for it, and I'm still struggling to get my house back to perfect - like I like it!  :)

Speaking of getting my house back to order... I should probably get the boys to sleep and then get back to folding this laundry that's been waiting for almost 2 weeks....  Everytime I get it into piles to put away, the boys destroy it.  Not on purpose, of course... just being careless or not watching what they're doing.  Ah well... someday, right?

:-)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!