I'm not sure what it is when the hubby is gone, but I just can't seem to find motivation to clean the house. I mean, the house was in shambles when he left - I figured I wasn't going to spend the last few days with him on picking up so it kind of went to the pits. And I just can't get motivated enough to start cleaning it. I mean, why? The kids are just going to destroy it within hours - the living room will be strewn with toys (unless I remind the boys a thousand times for the toys to stay in their bedroom), their bathroom will end up with pee everywhere probably within 2 hours of a scrub down, the clean clothes that I put away will just end up clean again on the couch - it's never ending it seems.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "woe is me" or anything like that... I just can't seem to care enough right now. I'm hoping by Monday I'll be out of the "Nic is gone funk" and we can get back to our normal life - the one where I actually do chores everyday, plan my meals weekly and have a CLEAN house every morning to wake up to. But until then I have to pretend that I don't smell the ketchup that's still painted on the dining room table *courtesy of Colton* or see the pile of recycling that just gets bigger every day.
I seriously don't know how all my friends do it - I have many friends with husbands gone for 6+ months. 2 months is long enough for me. So grateful that's all it is. I miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment