Tuesday, February 8, 2011

what to do?

Well it's been one week and one day and we're not doing too bad :)  The house is still messy, but it's clean - for the most part.  It's just hard to tidy up as I go about my day because 1) I'm trying to spend as little time at home as possible and 2) It seems that I don't really get any down time until the kids are in bed and by then I just want to go to sleep or relax. For example, today - as soon as dinner was done I've had to feed Elora.  She fell asleep but I didn't want her to sleep longer than 30 minutes otherwise she'd sleep till 10 and then be up for a couple hours (not cool), so I just held her (she won't sleep much longer than 30 minutes when held; and it's nice to hold her).  When she woke up I tried to fold laundry, but she wouldn't have any of that because what she really wanted to do was go back to sleep.... so I had to hold her and keep her happy.  Then by 6:30 I decided to give her a bath and get her ready for bed.  Gave her a bath with the boys for the first time - they liked it.  Not much water or room, but Maximus loved playing with her!  Then I got her jammies on and then the boys' jammies on and then read a book, but by then Elora was wanting to go to bed, so I fed her an hour early so she wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night to eat but she was too tired to just fall asleep.  But I laid her in her bed anyway so I could get the boys settled in their bed.  Hearing Elora crying in the background, I read to the boys, said prayers, (there may have been a spanking or two invovled) got blankies and put their music on (they listen to pandora on the ipad) and said good night and that I would check on them after I put Elora to sleep.  Took 10 minutes for Elora to fall asleep.  Checked on the boys and here I am.... debating whether to finish cleaning or work out or none of the above..... 

Anyway, my point is that I don't even have a moment to spare to put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher after dinner - that has to wait until after the kids are in bed usually. So... right about now...

It's 8 o'clock... should I pick up?  Work out? or go to bed???

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!