Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rascally Colton

I need to start blogging about the crazy things the kids do - I usually end up making some post on FB and then forget to blog about it...

So Colton has turned into our rascal and Maximus has sort of taken a back seat in the ridiculous category.  Maybe it's a phase all my kids go through!  Which gives Nic and I hope that Colton will grow out of giving us a roller coaster ride every day of his life!

Ok, let's see....

Colton was in the bathroom going poop, Maximus was there with him - watching.  My kids are forever watching each other go potty.  Ok - not watching, like creepy - but watching, as in keeping each other company!  Anyway, I had just finished feeding Elora when Maximus yells, "Colton put something in the toilet!!" So after putting Elora down I go in there and I'm hoping against hope that all Maximus means is that Colton went potty... but no. He put my vacuum attachment in the toilet - along with his poop and pee.  And it was the attachment with the bristles on it - so it was doubly gross.  That child!

Colton also likes to "paint" his food all over his bench and table while eating.  Whether it's ketchup or oatmeal or peanut butter - I'm constantly getting after him for smearing it all over the place!  Both boys also like to pretend they are animals and they will take their plates and put them on the ground and eat like dogs... and when I tell them to go outside with their food if they insist on eating like that, they'll complain that there are bugs on the ground out there!

I called Colton "Little Man" the other day and he responded by calling me "Little Mom" :)


I don't believe I've told this story: Colton, back before he was 100% potty trained, didnt make it to the bathroom and peed all over the floor.  Nic was busy taking care of Colton - hadnt gotten to cleaning the floor yet, when Maximus came running to also go potty and slipped on the floor - Colton's pee - slamming his head on the very hard ground.  So thenNic had two crying kids!!  Maximus ended up with THE largest bump on the back of his head - the biggest one I've ever seen.  We almost took him to the ER, but I was able to calm him down and get him to stop crying and freaking out - and then he was fine.  He didn't display any signs of a concussion and he actually went back to playing. Nic took a picture of the bump with his phone and now when I look at it, I want to vomit - it's THAT BAD.  We probably should have taken him to the ER, just in case but thankfully he's fine... he ended up with that bump for long time time and now he has a bald spot on the back of his head.

Colton also has a bald spot on the back of his head from where he hit his head on the corner of our coffee table.  He got just a tiny bump, but apparently it was enough to lose the hair.

Last week Maximus fell while playing on the patio at my friend's Sarah's house and he got a bump.  And then the next morning, Colton hit him in the head with an elephant for trying to take it from him.  So he got two bumps on his head in the span of less than 24 hours!

 But hey, no broken bones yet!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!