Monday, January 31, 2011

Boys will be boys

I realize my last post was probably boring for most people, so I'm trying to think of something interesting to blog about... Let's see, what have my boys done recently?

Well, it never fails.  Every night Maximus decides he has to poop after being in bed for an hour and Colton decides he has to watch him.  "You going poop Ma-mus?" "Yeah, I'm going poop.  You can watch me, k?" "Ooookaaaaay."  And then when it's over - "Colton come look at this huge ginormous poop!" "Oh wow!"  It's so interesting to hear their conversations when they don't know they're being heard! 

Of course they still fight like cats and dogs when they are in bed supposed to be sleeping.  I don't know why it takes them close to 2 hours to fall asleep.  They fight each other.  Maximus wakes up in the morning with new scratches on his faces.  Colton cries at least twice because he hit his head doing who knows what in their bed.  But if we told them they had to sleep apart they would throw a HUGE fit and cry unconsolably.  I think it will get better as Colton grows up - he seems to be the root of most of their problems... but until then, it's a lot to handle each night!

Colton lately has decided he doesn't want to wear clothes.  Ever.  I'll get him dressed but by the time Nic comes home, he's running around in his underwear and refuses to get dressed.  "No, only underwear." He'll say.  Oh well.  I pick my battles to fight and that is not one of them!

Elora has completely mastered rolling over.  Have I mentioned that yet? I don't remember.  She can roll around the room now.  She sees the doctor tommorrow morning so we'll see how big she is.  She is so much smaller than the boys - I know that!  While I take her, Nic is taking Maximus to school and Colton to work with him.  He just has a few things he needs to get done before he leaves for his "deployment."  They call it a deployment, but it doesn't feel like one.  It's only 2 months and he's not going to war.  But I don't know what else to call it.  The FRO calls it that. So there it is, I guess!

Nic's getting the last bit of his equipment ready to go.  In one location it's going to be HOT and the next FREEZING! So he's got a lot to pack! I better go help him clear off our bed - it's getting late! Good night ya'll!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!