Ok. So we're going to see how this goes.. I may just get frustrated halfway through and just forget about it... I'm attempting to blog using our Ipad, and using a touch screen isn't exactly the most ideal way to type... But Nic has the laptop and Elora sleeps in the office and since it's 10 pm, this is all Ive got! It's a trial, if you will.... :)
While Nic is enjoying America, Im sitting here thinking of all the things I miss:
1) fast food besides BK. We don't eat off base very often because of the yen. Rate right now, and although there are a few other places on base besides burger king, there really isn't any other place I can convince the boys to eat at. What I really want is some Chick-fil-a.... Mmmm that sounds sooo good!! And of course nic has already eaten there this week. Gr! Or how about some Bread Company?? In VA we would stop there and get some bagels every Sunday before church... Which leads me into number two....
2) church. I miss having a church family so much :(. It's the only real downfall to being stationed over here. The boys don't have Sunday school, nic and I don't have bible study and the kids didn't get to do a Christmas service this year. The LCMS chaplain is leaving within a month I believe and as far as we have been told, he will not be replaced.... I miss LWML. I miss teaching Sunday school. I miss coffee, doughnuts and fellowship after church. I miss my mommy bible study. I miss advent services (and in a couple months, Lenten services). I miss advent by candlelight. I miss getting dressed for church and not being the only one NOT in jeans. I miss choir. I miss it all.
3) shopping. I don't like going offbase because the sizes are so weird and again, the yen rate. So that leaves the PX. Yeah. No real selection there. I feel like the majority of the time I can only find clothes for 16 year olds or 40 year olds. Which is odd since the majority of women over here are between the ages of... I'd say 20-35. I would LOVE to be able to go to a mall and have variety. The selection for kids isn't much better. Slim pickings. Especially for some one as picky as me. I guess I'll just have to settle for online shopping - although not nearly as rewarding.
4) my mommy and sisters. Who needs friends when you have them? (no offense, friends! Haha) but seriously, I cant even begin to describe how lonely it can get here. My perfect day? A day at the mall with my mom and sisters, no kids, and throw in a thousand bucks for me to spend :) ...it makes me sad to think that most of my or nics family wont even get to meet Elora until she is almost 3. And the boys really miss their cousins - always telling how much fun it would be to go to so-and-so's house. I wish it wouldn't be so insane of a headache to visit.
5) school. Ok, I can't go back while here and I'm really peeved they don't offer half day kindergarten here. Of course we would prefer to put Maximus is a Lutheran school, but obviously that's out of the question. And DODS only has full day - which I think is asking a lot out of a 5 year old. Maybe I'll write a letter or something...
Ok... I think that's enough complaining :). I really do love it here - don't get the wrong impression.... But it doesn't hold a candle to America!!
No comments:
Post a Comment