We decided to move our desktop into the living room and hook it up to our TV, so that's where I'm at now and let me tell you.... this is SO much better than typing on the iPad! I can sit on the couch and type with a HUGE screen lol. It's great. Also it will make it so much easier to watch slingbox and when Nic is gone, I'll have a computer in the living room to use (he takes the lap top). It's genious.
Today I had an outing with a new friend of mine, Sarah. She has a 5 month old son named Aidan (I think I spelled it right) so it was us mommies and just our babies. She lives off base so it was an adventure just to find her apartment! I got lost only once and it wasn't too off course and I was able to get there in one piece. She has a nice place close to Kadena. Her husband is a firefighter in the Air Force and they are from Michigan, the lower peninsula. Her and I have a lot in common and she's more daring than I am when it comes to being off base so today was good for me!
She wanted to take me a restuarant that she frequents so I followed her in my van to a puny parking lot. Of course the space they had available I was sure my van wouldn't fit, so they parking attendant had to park it for me (after a few failed attempts on my part, lol). So with Elora in her snuglie we headed out only to find it was closed! So we explored the street we were on and found a resturant we were both brave enough to try. It was amazing!!
It had teppiani (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong) so we had to take our shoes off and sit on a cushion on the floor. Which I like, by the way :) And in the middle of our table was a little grill pit. It was an all you can eat meat and drink for one hour. So we grilled our own meat (some of which I'm not sure what it was!) and I enjoyed a coke mmmm :) and it was glorious! No boys to have to constantly be keeping in check! The staff and other customers loved the babies and Aidan got passed around while I had to take a time out to feed Elora. Sarah let me borrow her cover - which is amazing! I don't know why I never bought one! I may have to get one, because I'm constantly feeding Elora somewhere, although usually the car. It would definitely come in handy!
Anyway, after that we headed to Kadena for the craft fair... I was slightly disappointed by the lack of vendors and I felt some of the items were grossly overpriced... but then again maybe not. I know handmade stuff can take a loooong time to make, but still. Nothing caught my eye. No, I take that back - I did buy two headbands for Elora. She's been rather lacking in that area so I bought a pink one and a white one.
Sarah is planning on setting a table up next month and she offered to let me sell some things at her table if I wanted so I'm trying to inventory things I've made just sitting in my basket, waiting for a home. I'm thinking of buying a book of crochet patterns - probably baby items. It would be fun to make things and see them sell well :)
So after the fair I figured I better head home to see how my men were doing. Nic had been busy putting the computer and TV together and the boys were playing/cleaning their room. We had a good Saturday.
Tomorrow is my birthday and so Nic and I are planning on going out to eat. My friend LaShonna has offered to watch the kids at her place - she has two sons, one of which is Maximus' "favorite friend" at school, Malakai and she has a 2 year old named Ammon. Our boys play well with each other and when they're not together playing, they're asking about each other. All my boys talk about is Malakai and all her boys talk about it Maximus, lol.
So anyway, she's going to watch them while Nic and I go to a resturant by their house. Her husband is a civilian, he works for NCIS. They are both Japanese Americans. Her husband speaks the language as he grew up in Japan, whereas LaShonna does not - she's from HI. But they want their boys to learn the language so this week will be the last one Malakai is at Kuwae with Maximus. They're putting him in a Japanese School - full immersion with the language. I'm sad for Maximus to not have his best buddy at school anymore!
I haven't actually looked at this week yet - to see what's on the agenda. I guess just life? Sometimes it feels like my days are never ending with the same exact tasks to keep up with... and if I slack off just a tiny bit my entire house turns into a disaster! If I don't pick up at night before I go to bed, by the next afternoon it will look like it's never once been clean! It's frustrating, but it keeps me busy, that's for sure... I sure don't have the time for crafts that I used to have time for... and I can't decide if that's because I keep my house cleaner or if it just takes more to keep it clean, hehe! I have a whole list of things I'd like to do so maybe I'll get to at least one item this week... maybe finish sanding and staining my end table???
1 comment:
Good to "hear" an update!! I think you should definately try to show off your items at the craft fair next month! I have two baby crochet pattern books that my mom sent to me since I started learning to crochet and you can borrow them! I have some knitting and sewing projects going now, so learning to crochet is probably not something I'll get to for awhile yet. I've missed you! It sounds like you had a fun adventure today! I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!! I'll call you soon and maybe we can do something next week. When do you have free? Hey, I think some friends are going to start a "Mommy and Me" Bible study on Wednesday mornings. Want to come? I don't know details yet but I can let you know. I'm looking forward to it- I haven't done a Bible study since before Parker was born so I'm excited to get back into one. Let me know! :)
Post a Comment