Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer's almost over

Typhoon Nanmadol decided to head west instead of north and we most likely won't even get a little rain - which, I keep thinking that *maybe* rain would mean cooler weather, but nope.  In fact it usually means hotter, since it's more humid after a rain - so maybe it's a good thing it veered to the Philippines.

We got to witness a baptism yesterday at the WELS service yesterday on Camp Foster.  Our neighbor's daughter, Jana, was baptized; she's less than a month old and so sweet!  The only downfall was that the service was at 4pm which is the absolute worst time for our kids.  Elora hadn't had an afternoon nap, the boys couldn't sit still and the visiting pastor talked for-ev-er, lol!

Afterwards we had some pizza at the food court and went to the PX.  We got Maximus a pee-wee football and we wanted to get him some football cleats - but the smallest they had was a 3.5... so we're going to have to order them online and hope they get here in time for his first day of practice... which, unless we get lucky, he'll have to miss the first two days of practice because they couldn't fit him in at Medical for a physical until the 14th (practice starts the 12th).  But now we run into the problem of hoping that we buy him the right size of cleats!  His tennis shoes are a size 12 so I'm thinking he could probably get a size 1... but I don't want it to be too big... AH! :)

The boys are really excited for school to start next week.... And so am I!! They have been so bored at home lately - constantly bothering each other and fighting.  Maximus is so ready for kindergarten - socially and academically.  Hopefully there isn't a huge gap between him and his other classmates.  I had someone ask me if he was going into second grade the other day!! I laughed and barely squeaked out that my giant child will be in 4 year old preschool!  If I really work on it, I know I could have him reading soon.  Like, real reading - where he sounds out his sounds - not memorized learning.  (I'm kind of big on phonetics - which I heard the kindergarten here isn't... so I'm not looking forward to that next year).

Elora really isn't interested in walking - I'm pretty sure she could do it if she really wanted to - but she's just as happy crawling.  She'll cruise and walk behind her push-walker-thing.  But when Nic and I try to get her to walk from one of us to the other, she just plops down on her bottom.  Nic really wants to keep the whole "walking before one" trend going, but I just don't know with her!

We'll be celebrating Maximus' 5th birthday and Elora's 1st birthday on September 25th with a BBQ at the beach.  We've rented a pavilion with a sand volleyball pit.  It should be fun!

1 comment:

Marsha Keller said...

Thanks for all of the updates. I look forward to reading and see the photos. The kids are growing so quickly

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!