I can't even count on my two hands all my friends who've been through deployments already since TBS. It wasn't too long ago, but at times it feels like eons have passed since then.... Even though Nic hasn't been deployed to a combat zone, this war has definitely become personal for me - if only because I am connected to so many women - especially with babies at home - missing their husband, or recently experiencing a homecoming after 7 loooong months or busy prepping for a deployment. I want you all to take a moment and think about these strong and courageous women - Heidi, Angela, Nikki, Amelia, Michelle, Diana, Krista, Amber, Sarah, Sarah, Astrid, Lauren, Erin, Katie, Kaitlin, Lyndsey, Leah ... and the sad thing is that I'm sure I've forgotten someone... but maybe now you can put a name to the concept of thanking our troops and their families :)
Feeling grateful that I haven't had to deal with a deployment yet....
2 comments:
We need to include all military families in our prayers daily. Thanks for the reminder.
Aww Ingrid, it's because of friends like you that all of those girls, including me, can make it through. We are all really lucky to have each other to get through these tough times and help celebrate the homecomings!
Post a Comment