As we approach our half-way mark (it's less than 2 months away), I find myself in a slump. I wish it were easier to visit loves ones. There's so many milestones and memories that we're missing and vice versa. I wish I could just go to a mall for an afternoon and actually try clothes on before I buy them! Instead of hoping that when they come in the mail, that they'll fit. Not to get too personal, but they don't even sell my size in undergarments here. So even that I can't just pick up at the PX.
I don't know how to get out of this slump... I'm 90% sure that a visit back to America isn't going to happen (I know before we moved I said we weren't planning on visiting, but ... 3 years is a LONG time!) so I have to figure out a way around these frustrations...
I guess it's all about perspective. A friend of mine moved to Beliz with their 5 children for a year of missionary service - not sponsored by any organization that I know of. I just read that they finally got hot water after 2 months of cold showers and baths... so I guess I have a lot to be thankful for :)
No comments:
Post a Comment