Thursday, April 29, 2010

Settling

Ok. So after struggling and yelling and threatening the boys, they are finally asleep for their nap.  I absolutely refuse to lay down with them for the hour it takes for them to fall asleep.  Thats just ridiculous.  I think it will be better once we get curtains up in their room.

Anyway, we are moved in - yea! And we were able to buy new living room furniture, of which all but our couch is set up and here.  The couch is ordered and should be here in a couple of weeks.  Now we just have to paint - which I wish was as easy as it is in the States but unfortunately getting paint isn't as easy.  Wish we had a Home Depot...or wait, we prefer Lowe's.  Ever since Home Depot screwed us out of a screen door in Fenton Nic refuses to shop there.  Hopefully this weekend we can go the Eagle Hardware store on Kadena and get some ... we're thinking a very pale blue.  All of our furntiure is browns and blacks so we thought that might liven up the place.  Oh and we need to get a big rug as well for the LV.  And then hang all my pictures on the wall...

All the rooms are pretty much "done."  The office is the last place - of course.  It's a disaster right now, but we'll get there. 

As far as getting connected to the community - it hasn't exactly been easy so far.  No new friends.  We made it to storytime on Monday and will go every Monday.  I have a spouse's coffee tonight on a different camp with spouses from Nic's unit  but not many are going.  And I'm a little anxious to be driving around off base at night.  First I can't see well at night and 2nd nothing is labeled and is hard enough to see during the day time....I'm anticipating another sobfest as I get lost and end up stopped & talking with a Japanese Security Guard   with a surgical mask on who speaks no English and through sign tells me to turn around and end up waiting 10 minutes before there's a break in the traffic.  Yuck.  This should be interesting!

Anyway, I know I'm way over due for pictures and I'm sorry.  Camera is dead now and is charging.  Soon.

On another note, I haven't seen an OB yet and apparently I won't until I deliver.  What? Yeah, so the Dr. that delivers for me will not know me or anything about me except whats in my chart and who says they read it??  Man, oh man, I miss Dr. Mora.  Luckily I'm not that picky when it comes to having a baby.  Just be there to catch him/her - K?  So I have to go to the clinic and have a nurse's interview to get an OB chart started and then I can schedule a prenatal visit which will be with a Family Practicioner.  And I know no one to ask to watch the boys for me....so it looks like I'll have to drive to Foster, get them registered in the CDC (basically a daycare that also does hourly care, $4/hour per kid) which would take a couple weeks and then I have to give the CDC (luckily there's one here on Kinser) a week's notice for hourly care.  So at this rate, it could take me another month before I can see a Dr.  Or even just a nurse.  Blah. Frustrating.  So hopefully nothing's wrong with my baby since it's already been 11 weeks since I've seen a Dr....

This Saturday we enroll Maximus in Preschool.  He is SO pumped about it and asks me almost every morning if its fall yet and can he go to school yet?  I think it'll be so good for him.  He hasn't had a friend since we lived in VA, December ....

Nic's hours have been pretty consistent.  7:30-4:30, which is nice.  :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!