Well this morning we were awake bright an early again - thank you children! The boys woke up at 4 AM and we couldn't get them back to sleep. And shortly thereafter we had a thunder-storm. It was POURING and the thunder and the lightening were right outside our windows! It was big to what we're used to, but I'm sure its nothing. I think next month is when they get the most rain and typhoon season is coming up, so we'll see how it compares :)
I did however get the kids to go back to sleep at around 7:30, right after Nic left. Well, I kind of forced them to lay down but Colton fell asleep after about 3 minutes of crying and Maximus just layed there for maybe 10 before nodding off. And of course I fell asleep too :) We probably would have slept later, but at 9AM the fire department came to check the alarms. I had forgotten about that...but now that I think about it the letter definitly said they would begin the building at 9am and be done by 1400 or 2pm....Why couldn't they have come at 2? Ah well....
We got dressed and ventured outside and a bagged lunch. Of course there were huge puddles everywhere in the park and I decided to just let them splash and get wet - even if it was a little chilly. Where's this warm weather I'm supposed to be experiencing? We had pbj's and a can of green beans, of which I'm pretty sure Colton ate 3/4th of....
Anyway, after they got soaking wet and Colton pooped I decided we should head up to our room for a bath and to start some laundry (which thankfully is free) and then we went down to the play room to wreck havoc on public toys. They had a School House Rocks video which I made the boys watch - they wanted to put some Disney Micheal Jordan movie on, but I vetoed and told them to just sit and that they'd like it. They like songs so it was good. I'll have to see if I can find that on dvd.
So let's see....Oh, when we were in LA at the hotel, we gave the kids a bath and I typically get Colton out first, get him in his jammies and then get Maximus out...well I did that but while I was getting Maximus' jammies out I said, "Nic ...where's Colton?" .....Yes. He was in the tub with his jammies on completely soaking wet. Just grinning. I walked out, got the camera and took a picture and told Nic it was his turn, lol.
So today Nic is at a housing brief & hopefully we'll find out more - like how long we're going to have to wait and live in a hotel room. Nic submitted his paperwork for it a few weeks before we left 29 Palms but yesterday the lady at the office said she didn't think they ever got it. Go figure.
Nic got his Japanese driving liscense yesterday so we're also looking at minivans. There's 2 that we're looking at, around $2000. They...um, look rather "nice." Let's just say one in particular I would be thoroughly embarrassed to drive in the States! But here? They're everywhere. So it wouldn't be too bad I suppose. And we need a car with 3 rows to fit the carseats so we can't be very choosy. We'll see what this weekend brings us.
We don't have a mailing address yet, but we should...so hopefully soon.
So now I'm trying to give the kids a nap and for some reason they won't stop goofing off unless I spank them and they cry themselves to sleep....so I better go bring them the thunder :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment