Well we made it!
It's 0540 and the boys have been awake for almost 2 hours but we figure we doing pretty good since for our bodies its really what? 1400? 1500? ...And I've already started thinking in military time again (Thank you Nic) - just minus 12 :)
Friday: We checked out of our house around 0930ish and made our way to LA...we ran into some traffic but it wasn't too bad...We got checked into the hotel - 8 bags we're checking, 6 carry on's, 2 pillows and 2 carseats that weigh a ton. It was insane and the hotel didn't have any carts to help us - they told us they weren't for patrons.....what? So it took us several trips to the car. Luckily it was a gated parking lot so I didn't have to carry Colton - he's the runner. Whereas Maximus listens and looks for cars...and for the most part does what I tell him. So we got everything up to our room and then Nic left to take the car down to the storage facility about 15 miles away...it took him longer than we had anticipated because he got there and found out he needed to get the car washed - inside and out. So while he was gone the boys and I walked to McDonald's (which was in the same parking lot area sort of) and I treated them to Happy Meals - they got dragon toys which actually entertained them for most of the afternoon.
When Nic got back we decided to take the boys swimming...it was almost 5pm and the pool was outside (and no hot tub)...I proclaimed that I would NOT be getting it. I mean it was 80 when we got there....but by then it was windy and the sun had gone somewhere - I don't know where but it wasn't out keeping me warm! So we got in the pool which the boys loved of course. I barely got in and wouldn't go very deep - br! that wind was COLD!! After the boys' lips turned blue and we got tired of Colton jumping in over and over and over again we went back up to our room - which was a MOST freezing experience. There were only 2 towels and they were puny..
We ordered delivery from an Italian resturant and got ripped off because they forgot our breadsticks but looking back at the reciept I don't think they charged us. We skyped with Nic's parents and then FINALLY it was time to put the kids to bed...we ALL went to bed. At 8:30 :)
Alright, we've got naked little boys running around from their morning bath (they were DISGUSTING from the weekend) so I better help Nic get them dressed...I'll be back with the rest of our adventure :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment