We've had a pretty exciting weekend - made it to 2 beaches. Yesterday (Saturday) we went to Araha Beach which was pretty awesome. Nic didn't like it, but it wasn't made for him - it was made for the kids. They had a roped and netted off section for swimming and the deepest it got was up to Maximus arm pits - of course through the course of the day with the tide receeding a bit, it got significantly more shallow. The boys had an awesome time!! Nic got sunburned on his shoulders - he has a horrendous (probably not as bad as you Calvin, hehe) farmer's tan from his cammies and he forgot to put on sunblock. There was a nice play area for little kids and a ship that older kids could climb on and in, and it had a zip line which both boys loved. Maximus went solo but Colton went with Daddy's help. I wish I could post some pictures but we can't hook up our PC to the internet so until we move in to our place and get internet - no pictures :-(
I actually braved the beach in a bikini which is getting a little snug (my slightly larger one is in storage here, I'll get it when we move in) and I realized where those 10ish lbs I've gained have gone :) So its back to strength training for me! (Don't worry I know not to push it while pregnant) I'm 18 weeks now but still no baby-movement yet. I should be able to see a doctor sometime next week. It'll be hard to find someone to watch the boys for me when I haven't really made any friends yet....but the good news is my friend Lyndsey (from TBS) is coming this week! And odds are she will live on the same base we will! :)
Nic said we should get 2 choices for homes on Tuesday and best case senario will be move in on Friday...but I've learned to curb my enthusiam when it comes to things happening in a timely manner or in my favor so we'll just have to wait and see. Odds are we'll live on Camp Kinser which kind of stinks because it is so far away from pretty much anything- preschools in particular. We were planning on putting Maximus in 3 yr old preschool 2x a week but I don't know if it'll work. (There's no preschools AT ALL on any of the camps. Starts at Kindergarten. ) So we'll have to see....
Today we went to the Lutheran Service at one of the Chapels....unfortunately it took us 30 minutes to get there from where we're staying, which means it'll be almost an hour from where we'll be living. It's so weird because the Island is only 67 miles long and we probably only went maybe 15 miles...but the speedlimit is really low. like 35 mph- so getting anywhere off of your camp takes forever. Afterwards we went to the Air Force Base (Why couldn't Seth - my brother - have gotten stationed here = with us?!) to go to their PX or BX as they call it. It was like a mall. HUGE. 2 floors. Then we went to this beach that wasn't much of a beach. We met some people that Nic works with there. It was chilly and cloudy and windy but the park they had was perfect for the boys. And Maximus was exploring with a LT that Nic went to MOS school with, Kyle. He was actually over last night for dinner.
Nic is now on his way to get my new double stroller we're buying off someone (okinawayardsales.com!) I'm super excited about being able to take walks with the boys. And she's including a rain slicker/cover for it so it won't be too bad when a surprise shower overtakes us. Which reminds me, we bought the boys raincoats yesterday and we couldn't get them to take them off! Oh, and the boys have started sleeping in until 6:30 and sleeping through the night - YES!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are having so much fun! Ty celebrated his BIG #5 yesterday! Can't believe it, already! :) Hope the stoller is working out. Maybe you can met a few other ladies at the park?
Post a Comment