Well, we've been pretty busy in our house. Getting everything ready for our flight out of here! We still have a lot of work ahead of us: we have a shipment going out in Thursday so we're getting all our things ready for that....and packing all our luggage, because whatever doesn't fit has to go with the shipment. We've collected quite a few things since December!
We've gotten almost everything figured out for this weekend though. We are now driving to LA on Friday and staying in a hotel that evening. We don't fly out of LA until Saturday 10ish so we'll have to spend all day at the USO. But we looked at it online and it is SUPED UP. Its like 4,000 ft2 with a special family room for kids. So we'll just hang out there. The only thing we haven't figured out yet is what we're going to do Saturday night because our flight to San Fran is only a couple hours long and then we have like 11 hours unil our flight leaves on Sunday for the mainland Japan...the USO in San Fran doesn't sound as nice ( I don't think they have rooms where you can sleep like in LA) but we don't know if its worth it to try to get to a hotel for 7-8 hours before we have to come back...hmmm....
Not sure what we're going to do for our layover in the mainland....I think it might be 5 hours? yuck
But we're SO READY! The place that we're at is very nice but there's not much for kids to do inside except get into trouble, haha, which is no fun for anyone.
Colton talks nonstop. Seriously. He'll repeat anything you tell him to say and he says whatever Maximus says and he does whatever he does as well.
HAHA, okay Maximus right now is hilarious....he put on Nic's dog tags, his cover and his boots - on his hands and feet and is walking around like an animal. LOL he's so proud of himself...he now has removed the ones from his hands and is strutting around like a peacock....
We were on base today (like usual) and with our blue sticker (which says Nic is an officer) enlisted personnel will salute the car as we pass them and today Maximus noticed it and he goes, "Mommy! That man saluted me!" And I asked him if he saluted him back and he laughed, "NO! I'm not Daddy yet!!" I thought that was super cute. He'll randomly salute me and say "YES SIR!" To which I have to remind him that I'm a Ma'am... but at least he knows I'm his superior lol
Colton on the other hand will repeat Oo-rah! whenever Nic says it, which is really sweet when we're walking around on base during Nic's lunch break and Nic gets saluted and he replies Oo-rah and Colton says it right behind him :)
My children are turning into Marine Corps "Brats" :)
I'll try to post during our weekend layovers and keep everyone updated on our status...Tomorrow we're going to go to the store to get new carseats and a few new toys for them to play with on the LONG LONG dflights and layovers :)
1 comment:
Yay for military brats! :)
Post a Comment