Thursday, April 22, 2010

A home and 2 cars

Well.  We finally get to move into our home tomorrow and our things will arrive as well.  You have no clue how exciting it is to see all your belongings after living out of a suitcase for 4 months. I can't wait.  And the boys are SO excited to see their toys again.  It's been a long 4 months of being homeless and the one thing I'm most looking forward to is having MY kitchen again.  Oh, and being able to decorate a new place rates pretty high too!

We got offered 2 choices for living arrangements.  One tower, the same exact style apartment only on 2 different floors - way to give us choices USMC.  But oh well.  We chose the one on the 3rd floor (the other choice was on the 5th floor) because from our bedroom we can see the ocean and when you're on our puny balcony you can see the ocean (but not from inside looking out because of the angle).  It's actually not bad.  OK, I'll admit when we first walked into the building I thought, Wow this place looks like one of the prisons I toured in college.  Bare.  Stark.  Industrial.  Cement - very warm - NOT!   And the inside of the apartment has the same feel to it, but it is very spacious.  The floor is the type of tile you would find in a school but it's all fairly open - which I love.  We have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths - yes masterbath.  Once you have one, you can't go back. Trust me. 

Anyway, I told Nic we are DEFINITLY painting - to which he replied - You mean YOU'RE painting?  I guess by the time you're on your 3rd child all caution goes out the window.  It's probably a good thing we didn't get a duplex because he would probably have me out mowing the lawn all summer! Just kidding. :-P  I think he just still has nightmares from painting our townhome in Fenton, lol.

So Nic was able to get the day off tomorrow for the move (although later he found out it was a 72, meaning he already had Friday off).  Tomorrow morning is also  the NFL draft...so I will be there waiting for the movers while Nic is here at the hotel room with the boys watching who the Bills take :)  He's so funny.  but it will actually work out better to not have the boys there.

We bought two cars.  We got my van - a Honday Odessey, yesterday and we got Nic's, a Honda Prelude, today.  He loves his car and I love mine.  They're both OLD...probably like early ninties so all together we paid under 3k.  Oh I guess I should mention I got my liscence yesterday as well.  I attended the newcomers' brief while Nic watched the boys.  After the brief I took the test and....I aced it! Oh-yeah!  I was the last person to receive my test and I was the second person done.  Boo-ya! :-)  Yes, I'm bragging...but only because Nic kept telling me how much he would laugh if I failed. 

So I drove on the left hand side for the first time after we picked up our van and I still will randomly freak out inside when I see an oncoming car and think I'm going to crash right into them because I'm on the wrong side of the road - random moments of breath holding :-)  But I think I'm doing alright.  Today I had to drive off base for the first time - it's very busy off base.  Motocylces pretty much can do whatever they want and anytime an American's involved in an accident it's your fault ... pretty much no matter what happened.  So it was very nerve wrecking.  The speed limit is like 30ish miles per hour (not exactly sure, its all in kilometers) which is hard to do ... AND the stop lights are very hard to see/recognize and nothing's labeled well and if it is odds are it's not in English, lol....so its all quite an experience!

....So we now own 4 cars.  Kind weird.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!