Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adjusting

It's about 7 AM and the boys have been awake for a while..Colton woke up twice and the 2nd time he never went back to bed, but at least it was 5 AM this time and not 4!  Maximus woke up in the middle of the night as well but Nic just brought him to bed with us (naughty).  I think he slept until around 6AM.  So the boys are doing a bit better, but the waking up in the middle of the night is not normal so hopefully by the end of the week we will be back to normal.  I understand why they wake up thought - I usually wake up around 3AM and have trouble going back to sleep.  I think my body still thinks its the afternoon and wants to get up and go.....

Nic has left for the Newcomer's Orientation.  I was supposed to attend with him but they didn't have any space available for Colton (they have people to watch your kids).  I'll go next Wed alone, while Nic stays with the boys.  Kinda nervous about goin' it alone - I think I have to take a shuttle to get there...but you do what you gotta do!  Nic will also take his driving test and hopefully get liscenced so we can buy a car or 2 this week.  They are super cheap and should only spend a few thousand dollars.  The insurance is what's going to cost an arm and a leg.  But I don't think we can get buy without each having one like we originally thought.  I'd like a car with 3 rows so we can fit all our carseats and have room for family when they visit, but you don't want to have to big of a car or driving around could be difficult in the narrow roads.

Yesterday Emily (wife of our sponsor) came and picked up the boys and I and we got the carseats installed (rather quickly, I guess when you've done it a million times you can do it with your eyes closed!) - oh and none of the cars here have latch systems so we had to only use the seatbelts, but I was able to get them pretty tight, and the belts locked - which was good.  But anyway, she took us to lunch at Burger King - the poptarts just weren't cutting it! The boys ate like they've never eaten before!  Maximus had a whole cheeseburger (he even snuck a bite of mine) and Colton ate 5 whole chicken nuggets! (if you can call them nuggets, they're shaped like crowns!) Oh and I treated them to chocolate milk of course :-)

We then headed to the commissary to get a few food items - not much, we don't have a stove.  I had to buy mostly premade food that only called for water.  Yuck!  but hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for housing.  Emily is really nice, too bad she's moving in June!  She's 38 weeks pregnant!  I'm excited to have a pregnant friend, and especially one that knows SO much about the routine here in Oki.  She kind of showed us around Camp Foster a little bit.  Oh- and I totally tried 2 times to get in the car on the driver's side!! I don't know how long it will take me to get used to everything being backwards - it's sure going to take some getting used to!  Emily said a lot of people will use their wipers instead of their turn signals - you can always tell a new driver from the States!  That will DEFINITELY be me! And the fastest you can drive here is 37 mph! Crazy!

Last night we ended up ordering Tuscani alfredo pasta from Pizza Hut.  Really good call :-)  Boys were asleep by 6:30 and Nic and I by 8.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!