So I was all ready to upload some pictures for all to see...Nic worked hard in the office over the weekend and he even uploaded all our photos onto the computer...but alas I can't seem to find them. And he even showed me the secret place he saved them. I'm pretty stumped, so I'll have to wait until he gets home from work and the gymn to help me out. So sorry!
We went to a different each this weekend. This time on the Army base here. (We've been told there are 2 Marines that work there, lol) It was OK. The sand was full of dead corral so it was somewhat painful on barefeet - the boys had no problem because they have swim shoes but Nic and I don't yet. And we were there in the afternoon and the tide was low so there really wasn't an easy way to walk into the water - it was SO rocky and with nasty seaweed everwhere (so slimey on your feet!!). And it was shallow pretty far out. You could see specks of people in the distance in water only up to their shins. But there was plenty of marine life to see. Nic found us a blue starfish - he wanted to take it home with us as a souvenioure...but seeing as it was still alive I couldn't say yes. But the boys had a great time holding it in the water. There were also TONS of black sea cucumbers. Those were kind of icky as well, lol.
The highlight of this beach (Torii Station) was the water slide. It was a few stories high and both Nic and Maximus went down it a couple times. Of course the first time Maximus went down the slide, the lifeguard that was supposed to catch him let him flounder in the water for a moment before realizing he REALLY did need to catch him. Luckily the next time he went, there was a different lifeguard and Nic went first to make sure his face didn't go under. I was SO proud of Maximus! And he LOVED it It was kind of funny since he's so light it would take him forever to get down the slide. I would see him go down and then wait...and wait....and wait...and ....there he is. By the time he would get to the bottom he would almost have to scoot himself along because it evens out so. They also had a water splash pad set up. Basically just water shooting up from the ground. Maximus thoroughly enjoyed running around with all the other kids, while Colton would run to the water and put his hand in it...then run back to me to give me a highfive and then wait to gain the confidence to do it all over again. :)
We've got the paperwork needed to get signed to buy the paint we need. We can only buy 3 gallons every 90 days...which is a nuisance but we don't pay for it, so I guess we can't really complain. But there are yellowed spots EVERYWHERE, and it's really starting to annoy me, that and I haven't hung anything on the walls yet - waiting on that till after the pain dries. We don't yet have our couch. We got a phone call that it would be delivered on Thursday and then later told they were wrong, and in fact don't have our couch for us yet. Splendid. So our living room doesn't quite feel like home yet, but its getting there.
I have my 20 week ultrasound next week...of course this would be when they COULD tell me what we're having IF we wanted to know...which unfortunatley we don't! :) The next 20 weeks will be driving me nuts!! I'm secretly hoping the technician accidently tells me what we're having but don't tell Nic haha :) I'm sure he won't come with me, he didn't come to any of my apts. with Colton so he has nothing to worry about.
We have Maximus enrolled in preschool starting in Sept. Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-11:30. It's driving me nuts how people assume I'm putting him in day care and then are shocked by the hours and days...but its preschool!! There's a difference people!! You can't put your kids in daycare and call it preschool. Not the same thing. Sorry. Anyway, it was crazy. We wanted him in the MWF class. Nic got there about 45 minutes early (we heard it was a madhouse) and he was like the 27th person in line! Apparently the person 1st in line got there at 7pm the night before! This is the only preschool on any of the camps (and its not even a dod school). If Nic had gotten there when it started at 7am, I'm sure there wouldn't have been any slots open for morning. And I didn't want him going in the afternoon. So we're glad with what we got. Nic bought Maximus a Kuwae Preschool tshirt and he was SO excited to put it on when Nic got home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment