Tuesday, May 11, 2010

mmm...fresh bagels!

Well I made bagels today.  From scratch - oh yeah.  Thanks to my book How to Make Artisian Bread in 5 minutes a Day (Christmas gift from Sonja 2 Christmases back).  For anyone out there that likes to bake and eat homemade bread (you know- without the machine) then I would greatly reccommend this book.  It's awesome to say the least.  I've been making bread since I got it and its great not to have to buy packaged bread anymore (I'm also one of those people who don't like all the "stuff" that's in everything - Nic calls me crazy but he definitly doesn't complain!!) Anyway, this is the first time I've branched into other chapters in this book, not just the peasant loaves I normally make.  And SUCCESS.  I made 10 bagels a few hours ago and there's only 2 left...which I'm sure will get eaten before Nic and I go to bed tonight :)   What can we say - we love our carbs :)

We had our ultrasound today.  Technician commended me for my healthy disposition, saying it shows on the baby - that she can tell bc when Mommies take care of themselves, the babies are happier.  I'm not quite sure how she can tell, but I'll just take her word for it and pat myself on the back.  Apparently the baby moves around NONSTOP - a regular little Timm basically...which makes me sure it's a boy.  Surely if God graced me with a girl she would be sweet and calm and sit still, right?  OK, that may be wishful thinking, but still...  Anyway, the technician said she could definitely tell what we were having (100% sure, no doubt, in her words) - oh how tempting it was!! Especially since Nic and the boys were still in the waiting room while the Tech got all the measurements (took about 30 minutes), but I was good.  Our Tech was really nice though and printed off a pic of our baby spread eagle and she even wrote on it what the gender is and put it in a sealed envelope....Which I, of course, am dying to open - but I won't....we'll see what we decided to do.  Maybe we'll open it, or maybe we'll mail it to STL and let my side of the family start buying/mailing us things :)  Which I wouldn't open of course until we had him/her ;-)

Tomorrow we have our first play group at 10am here on Kinser.  Hopefully there'll be some boys my kids ages.   Maximus asked me today if we can have some friends over to play with his toys with him and it almost broke my heart to have to tell him that we don't have any yet...But they'll come, we just have to get out there and find them.  Hopefully once the pool opens at the end of the month we'll meet some pool junkies like ourselves :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!