Thursday, May 27, 2010

Loving it here

We're due to get our final shipment this Saturday - which we are really excited about.  It contains our computer, printer, wii, most of our clothes (I might have to resort to seeing if I can fit into anything as my selection right now is pretty slim), toys .... At the same time I'm dreading finding places for everything!  Not something I want to do on our memorial weekend, but Nic gets a 96 so he's off Monday and Tuesday - :)  We thought about going camping but with our stuff coming, we decided not too - that and Nic is a little hesitant to go with the heat/rain - who knows what we'd get....and of course he HAS to have a fan at night and going without it might be asking too much :) 

But there are other things we can do.  The pool opens up on Friday and on Monday there's a "bash" with free food, so I'm sure we'll be there!  A chance for me not only to not have to cook but not have to clean up as well?  I can't pass that up!!  We'll probably visit either the zoo or the aquarium - maybe I can convince Nic to go to both :)  And I'm sure we'll head to a beach once or twice - weather permitting.

Since the stroller that I bought second hand wasn't cutting it (neither Nic or I could steer it) we bought a double jogging stroller.  It's awesome.  Nic's gone on a run with the boys and I've used it 2x and we've only had it since Sunday.  So I'm sure we'll get our money back from uses....but it still pains me to spend over $200 on a stroller....especially considering I already spent $100 on a stroller I couoldn't even use.  I'll take it as a lesson - when you buy cheap you buy twice.  I'm still kicking myself for not buying the double jogging stroller they had at Once Upon a Child (used store) - it was $70- while in MO.  But ah well....

The boys and I headed to the beach yesterday with my friend Lyndsey.  We had a great time as always.  The weather was beautiful!!  The tide was especially LOW so both boys went without life jackets...although Colton still scares me to death most of the time.  I try to stay within arm's length of him - which is very difficult.  That child has NO fear.  He tried to walk out where Maximus was, not too deep for Maximus but way to deep for Colton.  And he wouldn't let me hold his hand of course until he was practically completely underwater.  As the tide started to come back in Maximus got his lifejacket on and played with some kids - I'm so glad he swims so well with it on.  I convinced Colton to build a sandcastle with Lyndsey and I...and eventually I bribed him to stat with us by feeding him oreos, of which he only at the frosting.  Silly.  It was a good day :)

Maximus is a little confused about the new baby.  He thinks there's two of them in my tummy and keeps asking me why one of them is ours and the other one is some one else's.  I'll explain to him there's only one and I'll think he gets it until a few days later when he asks the same thing again. LOL.  Who knows what going on in his brain.  He can't wait for the baby to start kicking him.  He likes to put his ear on my tummy and see if he can hear anything and I told him to watch out, cause the baby is going to get bigger and start kicking his ear - he liked that.  He seems pretty excited about the whole thing - whereas Colton is still pretty clueless. 

I'm feeling pretty good, no pregnancy pains unless I eat way too much and then I feel huge like my belly is going to explode haha, but other than that, I'm in a pretty good stage of the pregnancy.  People still don't think I'm pregnant and when I tell them they are shocked and almost don't believe me, and then they tell me how lucky I am, blah blah blah...and I never know what to say.  But I suppose it could be worse :)

I've heard some horror stories about the delivery process here.  They don't supply you with anything - no diapers, wipes, ice packs for mommies, you share a room during postpartum - your husband can't stay the night, there is no nursery only a NICU, you share a bathroom with 3 other women, you can only get food during the day and evening while the Galley is open so if you have a baby in the night you have to wait until morning to get food, you're discharged 24 hrs after delivery.  I'm spoiled from St. John's in STL!!  I guess if my mom can have 2 babies in AFRICA - Sierra Leone actually, where I'm sure there was less than what's here - then I can do with out anything but a bed :)  Just give me Susan (Mom would be nice too, well and someone to fan me and push on my feet and then I need sister chatter in the backround with Nic's hand turning blue in mine) and I'll be fine. 

It's another beautiful day out today, and we spent the morning cleaning...Colton just woke up from his nap so I think we'll head out to the playground for a couple hours!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!