Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nic's on duty

We've been busy with life.  People are always asking me what I do with my day - as if being a stay-at-home mom means I can do whatever I want!  As the kids get older I'm beginning to realize what a challenge it is to stay on top of all my chores.  I remember my Mom always saying that it was a never-ending process and I never truly understood until I had children of my own!  It's literally from the moment I wake up - actually let's be more realistic here - From the moment COLTON wakes Maximus up and then wakes ME up (much eariler than I was anticipating mind you) it's constant maintance around the house and taking care of the kids and cleaning up after the kids until I pass out in bed.  It is seemingly much more exhausting lately and I'm hoping that's just because I'm getting close to my third trimester but I can't imagine it getting any easier once ____ or _____ comes along!  And its especially more difficult to manage on the weekends when Nic is home (am I the only one with this problem??)

So that's what I've been doing lately :)  And I think I've been doing an exceptionally great job - it's so much easier when you're living in a space thats big enough for all your possessions, and when you know you're going to live there longer than 6 months!  It's SO NICE to know that we will live here for 3 years and when I put something on the wall I don't have to debate whether its worth it!

We painted the office over this past weekend and it looks fabulous.  Green Tea.  If anyone remembers the color from our bedrooms in Fenton, its similar to that color but not as dark - much brighter but not in an obnoxious way.  We almost have everything from our last shipment put away, but we still have the huge $200 box that our TV was shipped in, in the office.  We need to call housing and ask about the storage they have for us - I refuse to find a place for it bc we just don't have the room!!  Having it sit in our closet in Quantico for 8 months was annoying enough - we won't be doing 3 years!

We also bought the boys' bunk beds and a new dining room table.  I'm in love with both, but the catch is that I had to order it only seeing pictures online...so hopefully I won't be disappointed.  The bunk beds are Full/Full and they split.  So when we get them we're going to put the top in the office for when my sister and (hopefully) 2 of her kids come in September and for Nic's Mom when she comes in October.  After our last company leaves, we'll stack them and see if Maximus wants to sleep on the top.  But we'll always be able to split it again and have the boys share a bed if anyone else wants to come visit!! (Solveig that includes you next summer!!)

The Dining Table we got I'm really excited about.  Because it's two toned, black and cherry, I can still use the hutch and buffet we have in storage in VA when we get back to the States - I'll have to paint them black, but that's no big deal.  Also, we got a table with an extension but didn't order any extra chairs because the ones we have in storage (although the back of them is plain instead of "fancy") will mostly match and while not in use, I'm hoping the table and 4 chairs that are currently in storage will go in our basement I'm planning on having - which most likely now I won't get lol, but hey, someday I'll get a home of my chosing!  So I guess it's a good thing we didn't get rid of our old dining room set and put it in storage instead!  One of my favoite parts of my dining room table is the bench that we'll be cramming our children on :-)

Our counter height table with 4 stools will go in the office and I plan on using it as a craft table.  I'm really excited to have something I can put and leave projects on - which is why I never start any because I can't leave it alone without it becoming the boys' new toy!  & Puzzles! I want to be able to do puzzles too :-) 

Nic is on duty today so we won't see him until he comes home from work tomorrow.  Today's been pretty lazy.  Colton woke up at 0555 and wouldn't go back to sleep and of course woke up Maximus so its been any early and long day - its 6:23pm right now.  We went to our playground @ 9 this morning and it was HOT but we lasted an hour and a half and we've been lazying around the house since.  We were going to have leftovers for dinner, but I couldn't get the lid off the tupperware containor (it was like it was literally glued on!!) so we opted for Toaster Stroodles instead.  Nothing like breakfast for dinner.  We made hot cocoa  and had peaches as well and of course ice pops.  LOL strange dinner I know!!  But we're now watching a movie from the library - Mickey Mouse House of Villians or something like that...

Ok...on to my rascally children: 

The day after we painted in the office Maximus found my paintbrush that was drying and a bucket with a little bit of paint in it (I usually just let whatever doesn't pour out just dry) and proceeded to paint our living room wall!  We're just glad he didn't do the furniture or rug!!  He's been beggin to help us paint since we did our living room and I know he was just trying to help, but still!!! But it's all good since we still have plenty of that color left and will be painting next weekend with it - we'll just paint over it.

Maximus comes running to me in the living room - butt naked- and says excitedly, "MOMMY!! Come look at my huge, ginormous poop!!!" HAHA, So I follow him to my bathroom and sure enough, I was impressed lol.

Colton is currently banging his head on the wall then looking at me grinning saying, "You see that Mommy? Bonk my head!" *giggles*

The boys are begginning to fight nonstop.  About every toy.  And Colton just screams and chases Maximus around - Maximus of course laughing.  But then they can be so sweet together.  Take last night for example.  I had gone to the driving range with a friend (first time I've hit a golf ball in a long time and I'm not good lol) and one of Nic's friends was over, Kyle whom Maximus adores, so it was up to the two guys to get the kids in bed.  After their bath Nic was laying with Colton while Maximus was playing with Kyle (not the usual routine, but they were asleep when I came home so I'm not complaining) Anyway, Nic says Colton was crying for me and then started saying, "Ma-Ma" and when Nic asked if he wanted Maximus he said all pathetically "yes." So Nic brought him to Maximus and asked Maximus to give him a hug, which he did and even added a kiss and Nic said Colton calmed right down and was asleep within 5 minutes!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!