Friday, June 25, 2010

My kiddos

This is my absolute most favorite picture of the boys!! I'm going to have to order it in an 8x10!  We shaved their heads for the summer and they look sooo different!  Nic got them dressed for church last week and this is what he put them in...sometimes he outdoes himself!  They look sooo handsome if I do say so myself :-)

Colton's birthday - I can't believe my baby is 2!!  Well...sometimes! He had such a fun time opening up all his presents - we got so much in the mail - THANK YOU ALL!!!  Nic came home from work on Colton's birthday with so many packages!!  Everything was perfect!

Wearing their new matching outfits from Grandma in St. Louis...they look so much more alike with their shaved heads - I've been getting a lot of twin comments.

Pic of the new baby...maybe if I wear a lot of pink it will mean I'm going to have a girl!  (NO HINTS ST.  LOUIS!!)  :-)  As much as we both want a girl - pretty sure we might be done if it's a girl - but if it turns out to be a boy Nic will laugh and so will I!  I told Nic if we never have a girl that just means Mommy gets whatever she wants whenever she wants :-) Within reason of course.

I will say that not knowing with this one is strange.  I feel like I don't have a connection with the baby that I had with the other two.  We don't call the baby anything (sometimes we'll randomly call him/her the boys name we have picked out, and other times the girl name we have picked out), whereas we always called the boys by their names once we settled (and we always settled pretty early).  It does add a certain sense of excitement for the birth that wasn't there with the others though.  Something MORE to look forward to after all that horrendous pain....I don't know which I would prefer....OK yes, I do..I like to know.  :-)  I think the knowing outweighs the excitement of waiting.  I miss starting my relationship with the baby BEFORE the baby is born....but the difference might also be attributed to the fact that I don't have as much time to notice anything than with the other two.  My weeks seem to fly by and now I'm about to enter the 3rd trimester! Crazy! Oh...and since I have NO CLOTHES for this baby.... NONE, I want to start buying some clothes, but I refuse to buy a ton of yellow and green so I can't even do that!  Ah well... I love you Nic and that's the only reason why I didn't find out what we're having and make you be the only one to wait :-)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Waiting was so much fun. We knew with David, but not with Miriam, and when we have a 3rd we probably will be surprised again. It does make getting clothes a little more challenging, though.

I would guess that you just don't have time to really think about the fact that you're having a baby, because you already have two little boys running around and taking up your time and energy. I'm sure that has a lot more to do with it than not having your baby named for his/her gender.

Becky said...

What you could do is wait a month or two and buy a few cute items for both genders, then you can return the ones you don't need when the baby is born. And get a cute gender neutral outfit for bringing home baby.

C, Elle & Parker said...

I have lots of baby boy clothes you can have, (Hopefully Baby Lamb #2 will be a girl! Hmm!) but if you have a girl that won't work! Hehe. I'm so curious! I agree that after I learned that Parker was a boy it deepened my connection with him. But I think you're right that you'll have something more to look forward to after getting through the birth! It will be a great surprise either way. :)

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!