I found myself driving on the right side of the road last night. It was night and there were no other cars on the road ... and as soon as I got to the stop sign I realized my mistake and although no one really was around - I was pretty emarrassed! I had to repeat, LEFT LEFT LEFT over and over again to myself as I was getting home.
Nic was in charge of the kids last night, I had a LINKS session for spouses (as I do tonight as well, it basically introduces you to the USMC but also gives valuable info about the base you're at - which is why I'm going). It was interesting to note the differences between the LINKS session I went to in VA and the one here. In Quantico they were really big on not telling anyone your last name and your husband's rank, but as you got to know the other ladies if became apparent that everyone but 2 (and there were 25 women) were spouses of officers - mostly their husbands were at TBS like mine. So it was nice to have so much in common with so many of the women. HERE, they didn't say anything of not mentioning your last name or your husband's rank and I could tell pretty quickly that I was the only officer spouse. Not that it makes any difference at all to me, but I always feel like I have to hide that fact from spouses of enlisted because I'm afraid they won't want to be my friend... lol, I know it sounds silly, but everything feels too cliquey sometimes. I'm proud of of the fact that my husband's a Marine Officer, one of 11% of the Marine Corps (And the USMC makes up only 13% of the US Armed Forces), but at the same time I sometimes get the feeling that other spouses think that I think that I'm better than them. Puh-lease. Drama. So I keep that info to myself, and last night I'm sure everyone thought my husband is a PFC, but I don't care :)
Anyway, though Nic said he was putting the kids to bed and it was time for prayers...Maximus decided to say his own prayers, of which Nic said he has no clue what he was saying, while Colton started singing the Doxology. So he said it pretty chaotic until Maximus was done & they could all sing the Doxology...Colton just gets too excited and wants to sing it right away. And its so cute when he does :)
Nic said he's coming home early tonight and we can go buy our paint! WOOHOO!!
No comments:
Post a Comment